We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

Which Guilin hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hoddesdon...
Level Contributor
10 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

My husband and I are planning and October 14 trip to China and are weighing up options. Our plans so far are along the lines of:

Beijing > Xian > Chengdu > Chongqing > Yangtze River Cruise would then like to do either Lijiang/Kunming or Guilin > Shanghai.

We probably haven't got time to do both Guilin and Yunnan province so will need to make a choice -- has anyone any suggestions.

Kansas City...
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

I personally prefer KunMing+LiJiang. LiJiang is at the junction between YunNan province and Tibet, close to Shangri-La, the scenery there are spectacular.

GuiLin is another kind of beauty. Choose it if you guys like smaller hills and rivers. "Softer" scenery~

2. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 03:26
Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

You'd better to give up one city,as your holiday is too short to see so many places.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

Either Lijiang / Kunming or Guilin scenery are not to be missed. The scenery between the two places is different. I recommend that you adjust the itinerary, it is best to visit both places.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
108 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

Hello there,

Considering your travel time. I would recommend the Yunnan route instead of Guilin. Guilin in Oct just loses her charm as she does in summer.

In Lijiang, you will probably meet fewer tourists and have a better time no matter visiting the ancient towns (I'd recommend Shuhe instead of touristy Lijiang Ancient Town), trekking along Tiger Leaping Gorge (you won't sweat or wear out so easily in Oct) or simply lounging in bar.

You can go browser through options on TA about Lijiang: tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g303783-Activiti…

Have fun in China!

Edited: 22 July 2014, 03:16
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,905 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

Yunnan over Guilin, especially at that time of year.

7. Re: Guilin vs. Lijiang+Kunming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2015, 05:15