We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in Guilin almost at night, 5 days tour!

Shanghai, China
1 post
Save Topic
Arriving in Guilin almost at night, 5 days tour!

Cheers people,

I plan on going to a guilin trip in 2-3 days from now on, I'm in Chongqing right now and going to chengdu this afternoon.

The flights I have checked so far land really late in the evening, like 22:30 till past midnight. The afternoon flights are unreasonably more expensive, so thats not really a option.

Are there still any buses going anywhere?

Or are taxis the only option?

Ive read here so far, that yangshuo is the place to go and guilin is rather uninteresting. Do you people have any tour suggestions for me to make it a really awesome trip?

Cheers,

Bao

Wendy Wei Tours
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, City Tours, Multi-day Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Guilin Two Rivers and Four Lakes Resort
Sightseeing Tours, Bodies of Water
Guilin PrivateTours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours, Photography Tours
Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in Guilin almost at night, 5 days tour!

There will be airport shuttle bus from airport to Guilin down town as far there is a flight landing. As there are 5 days for your Guilin trip, you can go to Longji to see the terrace field in the next day. Then head to Yangshuo the next afternoon.

Yangshuo will be a relax tour, check the things to do to or just consult your Yangshuo hotel staff. I believe you will easily plan a 2 to 3 days Yangshuo tour.

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
108 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving in Guilin almost at night, 5 days tour!

Hello there,

If you rather fly, I'd suggest you return back to Chongqing because Chongqing - Guilin flights are much cheaper than from Chengdu. Just now I checked it is CNY668 including taxes and fuel, on 24th by Hainan Airlines. Yes you will reach Guilin in midnight but as John said, there will be shuttle buses as long as there's flight landing. Taxi is also available but costs like CNY100 (or even more coz it's midnight).

Personally, I think Guilin lacks charm if you plan to stay more time in Yangshuo. What Guilin has is some parks, caves and small streets, which you can also enjoy in Yangshuo.

If you are interested in activities, you can go rock climbing, biking, bamboo rafting, river drifting (crazily fun one in Longjing River龙颈河) and even kayaking (might book with a local agency) in Yangshuo. Personally, I'd recommend one day for bamboo rafting and soft trekking or biking, next day for some deeper adventure, such as long distance trekking, rock climbing (go to Laozhai Mountain or Xianggong Mountain, it is AMAZING up the top!) or, doing nothing but sitting in a bar watching time pass by.

Longsheng (with Longji Rice Terrace) is also a good choice. Since it is not direct bus between Longsheng and Yangshuo, you might need to go back to Guilin (2 hours from Yangshuo) and bus to Longsheng (3 hours). Staying in a mountain guesthouse and watch a sunrise over the terrace fields? That is a really awesome trip, at least for me!

Have fun in Guilin! PM me if you need anything else.

tantouzhai
Level Contributor
141 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in Guilin almost at night, 5 days tour!

Now is the peak tourist season, whether you choose the plane or train is very nervous, of course the price is expensive, flight arrived in Guilin, stay over the night in Guilin, the next day take a motorized bamboo rafting from Yang Di - Xingping, then take bus to Yangshuo, in Yangshuo you can go rock climbing, biking, bamboo rafting or kayaking And then transfer to longji rice terraces,This time is a good season, summer is a good place, stay in the mountains inn, you even need to cover the quilt,Then you can hike along the stone steps and lead to the top,you will have b bird view of the rice terrace, in the morning you will see the sunrise,afternoon see the sunset ,you may have a look at the local women`s long hair and their wooden houses,Sitting in front of the inn You can listen to the frogs from field sound and even what also don't do is a kind of enjoyment.

4. Re: Arriving in Guilin almost at night, 5 days tour!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 July 2015, 05:16