We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

We are presently in Beijing because of my husband's business. We have the option of staying in Xi'an two or three nights.

Is there enough to do in Xi'an to spend 3 nights?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

Two days is enough to cover the main sights in Xi'an like the warrior, muslim quarter, and city wall, pagoda, etc. unless you want to extend the tour around like the Huashan, panda nature reserves that respectively require day tour.

China Private Travel

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

We spent two nights in Xian back in August, and got to see everything we wanted to see. We had about a full day plus a half for sight seeing. We didn't feel rushed.

xi'an
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

Yes, two full days is enough to cover all main sites in Xi'an.

Camas, Washington
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

2 days will be plenty for xi'an. with the extra time, if you are into moutain hiking, and are visiting in the right season (i.e. not in winter), consider mt. huashan.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
43 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

I, too, was wondering how long to stay in Xian? Thank you for the information. I haven't seen much information about the Panda reserve near Xian. Would it be worth the extra day? We won't have time to go to Chendu.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,629 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

If you mean the Qingling Mountain Panda reserve near Zhouzhi, it is about 2 hours from Xi'an so allow an extra day - you can see it as a day trip from Xi'an.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

I spent 3 nights in Xian (About 2.5 full days) and I thought it wasn't enough! It really depends on your travel style I guess. If you like to cramp in a lot of destinations in one day, then two days would be enough. I took it slowly, going to 1 - 2 major attractions a day and I didn't even have time to visit the smaller temples!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

We plan on staying three nights so we can take a day to go to the Longman Caves.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,151 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

maryann, did you mean the longmen grottos in luoyang? Just wanted to know if this is the site you meant. If so how are you gonna travel to and from it?

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Should we stay in Xi'an two or three nights?

Yes, that's what I meant (silly me for not checking spelling).

I hope to take the high speed train and probably a taxi. I am not sure yet if we will need a guide. If you do a search you will see postings on this that have the train schedule, etc.