We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

I will arrive 8.30am in the morning Oct 10 via o/nite train and be leaving the next morning by plane.

I understand that I can get a 306 bus from the station to see the warriors. How often do they run?

I have not yet made hotel booking - suggestions please

Clean, midrange will be fine. English speaking would be a real bonus. I will have to drop off my luggage first before catching bus.

I read something about a show at Huaqing Hot Springs.Is that in the same direction of the Warriors? Is it possible to see it before returning to the hotel that evening? Cost of show, transport Back?

If this is not practicle, what else could I do in the short time I am there?

Thanks guys

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

You can definitely do the Warrior and the Hot Spring place in one day. The Hot Spring is only about a 15 minute ride (we took taxi) from the Warrior Museum. The Hot Spring has some old and recent history there, and it is a pretty place to visit.

I do remember that there is a show at the Hot Spring place. If I remember correctly, the show is at evening time, which means you will get back to Xian City rather late, and by bus at late hour? We did not watch the show. Also, I have heard that the show is based on the love story of an emperor and his favorite wife, so not sure if you would understand it anyway.

There is plenty to do in Xian city center if you decide to skip the show. The area outside of the Big Wild Goose Pagoda is very lively, there is an eating street by the Drum and Bell towers, and you can go up to the city wall.

You should try to stay inside the city wall by the Bell and Drum towers if possible. We were traveling with children, so we stayed at Citadines Apartment Hotel Xi'an Central. Not sure if you need to stay at an apartment place. But the location is good. We can walk to the eating street, the city wall, the Drum and Bell towers from our hotel.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

did you take the so called " east line" tour? It is good to know that the hua quing hot springs are only 15 min. from the warriors. Is the Qin mauseleum also very close to the TC warriors? This would help in my planning my trip.

Thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

Not sure what an "East line" tour is... We hired a private taxi to take us to the Warrior museum, hot spring,. and BanPo for the day. The Qin Mausoleum is very close to the TC Warrior museum. But there is not much to be seen in the Qin Mauseleum. The Qin Emperor tomb itself is just under a huge green mountain. It is not excavated or anything. I heard that there are no plans to excavated the tomb itself.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

thanks for the reply. what you described is sometimes labelled, on the tours that i see for xian, as east line tour. you essentially go east from xian on a path that covers the warriors, the qin tomb, the hot springs and the banpo museum. thanks for letting me know that the first 3 are very close to each other. how far is the banpo museum from the city proper?

thanks!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

If I remember correctly, BanPo is about half way between the city and the warrior site. I think it was about a 45 min drive or so...

We went to BanPo first, then to Warrior Museum. Then to Hot Spring as our last destination. A LOT of interesting history in one day!

TC Warrior and Qin Tomb are very close. Then Hot Spring is 15 min away.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

Thanks for the information. I am hiring a car for the day and wanted to get out early to see the TC warriors before the busload of tourist come. What I did not know was whether 8 hours (car service) was enough. I guess since 3 sites were real close to each other, then I guess I can accomodate all of them within the 8 hours of the car service.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

I think 8 hours is doable. We booked a private car for the day for 400 Yuan, there was no time limit. Usually, there is no time limit when you book a car for the day.

We left our hotel in the city center around 8:30AM. Visited BanPo first. BanPo was actually very interesting. We got to Warrior site around noon. I had wanted to skip lunch to avoid the crowd, thinking other visitors would be eating, but our driver laughed. He said the museum is always crowded, all the time. We had quick lunch, then went to the Warrior site. The TC Warrior museum only took 2 to 3 hours to visit, and we had a guide with us. Then we went to Hot Spring, and I think we were there for about an hour and half. We got back to our hotel at around 6PM.

Between our driver and our two different guides, we were dragged to 4 different gift shops that day against our wishes. It was a big hassle and a waste of our time. The shops sometimes have sales reps that come to give sales pitches, and pressured us to buy stuff. If you do a better job avoid trips to "official government" gift shops than we did, you will save time and money.

Sorry Sirroco, we are taking over your post here.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

Nah, he is prob. enjoying reading this post and the info that you provide. Your info is relevant to what he posted. the only infor not give n here is the hotel.

sirocco, re. the 306 bus, the first bus leaves at 7:)). here is a TA link on it.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298557-i7579-k284…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298557-i7579-k299…

just type Bus 306 xian on the search box and you will have quite a few answers.

sirocco, i am going to china next year and am doing my research now.

If you stay at the city center (I mean withthin the city walls) and you do come back early from the TC warriors, you can probably go to the drum and bell tower, bike the city wall or just walk the moslem quarter and see the mosque. If you want to see a light show, you can go to the big goose pagoda. read that they have one at 8 or 830 p.m. and even have dinner in the area.

one question, what time do you leave by plane the next day? I ask cuz I have read several threads that you can visit the hanyanling museum on the way to the airport. (anybody correct me on the particular museum) It is along the way.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,676 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

True. We stayed inside the City Wall, and we easily walked to the Drum tower, Bell Tower, and the Muslin Eating street (Drum Tower, Bell Tower, and Muslin quarter are close to each other in about the same area). We can also walk to gate to go up the city wall from our hotel. After we returned from the TC Warrior, we did walk to the Bell tower and then to the city wall all on that same day.

The Big Wild Goose Pagoda is a little bit out of the way, you would take a taxi, but it is only about 10 min or so. The area surrounding the Big Goose Pagoda is very lively and fun. I thought the Big Pagoda was more fun than the Drum and Bell towers.

10. Re: Xian and Huaqing Hot springs ”

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 05:16