We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel for quick access to Terracota Museum

Vancouver
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best hotel for quick access to Terracota Museum

My wife and I will be visiting Xian for effectively 1 day.

We arrive in mid-evening by plane and depart again the following early evening.

We will only spend a limited amount of time at the hotel so it doesn't have to be fancy just clean and hopefully in a location that would facilitate getting to the Warrior museum.

I guess we will need to check out in the early morning leave our luggage and then retrieve it before going to the airport. Is there a recommended hotel that might minimize the time spent travelling back and forth?

Does one need an English guide or is it so busy that simply an audio device would be more effective.

Can one buy tickets ahead of time?

Are taxis the way to go or will time constraints necessitate a private car. We would hope to see other sites as time permits.

Any input would be appreciated.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel for quick access to Terracota Museum

if you want to see a lot of things in one day, a private driver and/or guide might be less of a hassle than looking for a taxi every time. a good guide would be able to arrange your day to maximize your sightseeing. you could probably keep your luggage with the private driver so you could go straight to the airport after sightseeing. i had a great day trip with private guide allen guo. he could suggest a hotel too.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298557-d248…

http://www.xianprivatetours.com/travel.asp

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel for quick access to Terracota Museum

Hello;

the hotel I recommend is ibis hotel is located in the center of city, clean 0nly 1 hour ride to the terra-cotta warriors museum.

Hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel for quick access to Terracota Museum

You cann't buy tickets ahead of time.

If you want to visit more attractions within one day, private car and guide is a good choice.

4. Re: Best hotel for quick access to Terracota Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2013, 10:36