We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Los Angeles...
14 posts
Save Topic
How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Hello,

I'll be staying in Xian for a couple days sometimes this year. Is there a way that I can go visit the battlefield and return to Xian in one day? Is there any guide that I can hire for this trip. I just need to stay there for one hour to take a few photos, record some video clips, and go back to Xian the same day.

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

The Changping battlefield not at Shaanxi, it near Linfen,Shanxi. It was one of my objective on my 2011-12 trip. The exact location is Cao Bang, Shanxi.

I study the transportation,.... because of the transportation, finally I skipped.

Los Angeles...
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

chinaloveland,

thanks for the correction, it's sad to hear you say that you have to skip. So how difficult it is to go to the site of the battlefield?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

One of my plan is Xian- Hukou Waterfall- Linfen- Cao Bang- Pingyao.

The bottle necks are there is no direct bus on Linfen- Cao Bang- Pingyao.route.

I need take connected bus as Linfen- Jincheng- Cao Bang- Jincheng- Linfen- Pingyao.

That why I gave up

Los Angeles...
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Can you take a private van or taxi to the battlefield? I assume it will be expensive but the service is available, right?

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
288 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

I suggest you get to there from Linfen or Pingyao city, but is not from Xi'an. as it will cost much time and transportation fee if you go there from Xi'an. it's too far. it's closer from Pingyao or Linfen or Taiyuan.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Assuming you arrive Cao Bang, you should hire a private van or taxi to the battlefield.

There some spots around the battlefield such as 'skull temple'.....but not focus on an area,

O..ops, sorry, once I decide not go there, I delete all inf. about that.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Hi Darren956,

Not that complicate.

The most convenience way is by train Xian- Zhengzhou then Zhengzhou- Cao Bang(train#1552/1553).

Los Angeles...
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Oh, I see that, so you can take high speed train from Xian to Zhengzhou to see the Shaolin Temple and then hire a taxi to Gaoping

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,415 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

No, no, no,.....

Shaolin Temple still far away to Cao Bang.

At Zhengzhou by train#1552/1553 at 00:34 and will arrive Cao Bang at 04:53.

Most likely stay at the rail station until morning then hire a private van to the battlefield.

Bear in mind that Zhengzhou is a stop on that route, please concern will you get a berth/seat.

BTW, ensure you have transportation that you away Cao BangBang

Los Angeles...
14 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How can I visit Battle of Changping site?

Wait, I thought Changping battlefield is at Gaoping city of Shanxi province and Zhengzhou to Gaoping is about 75 km ?