We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glencoe, Illinois...
9 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Hi,

My family is traveling to China this month. We will visit several cities. We are looking for someone in each of the cities to accompany us as we visit important places and help us learn about the culture. My son (20) has had 4 years of Chinese, and the remaining 3 of us speak no Chinese. We are not necessarily looking for a "professional guide". Someone who is enthusiastic, honest, and who has some command of English (doesn't have to be perfect!) would be great. Of course, we will pay for the person's time.

We will be in Xi'an on July 13 and 14.

To add to what I wrote above, a good choice will be someone fun and a little adventurous. If you have a car that will transport the 4 of us, that's great, but not necessary (we can hire a taxi).

Let me know if you are interested, or if you know someone who you can recommend! :)

Thanks,

Victor

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Hello:

Xi’an is the most ancient capital of China, there are 13 different dynasties established their capitals over there for about 1500 years. 2/3 very magnificent historical events all occurred around the Xian or vicinities of Xian and those events still impact the thoughts and daily life of Chinese people a lot.

Read more books published in your country will give you different perspectives about this city . That may help you to enjoy the sites well no matter you need a guide or not.

Hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

Xi'an
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Maybe you can find some university student who want to practice their english, or you can read some books about the history of each attraction, then you don't need a tour guide.

Hope this helps,

xianprivatetour

xi an
Level Contributor
337 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

there are a lot of good feedback of tour people in this forums .try to find someone.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Hi Travelguy,

My husband and l just returned from China yesterday. We also hired a guide in most cities we visited (but not every day) and were very pleased that we did because we believe we got a lot more out of our trip as the guides were able to explain the history to us.

We used Bryan Bai and would highly recommend him!

His knowledge and passion for the Xi An and the Terra cotta Warriors in particular was fantastic and we both really enjoyed our day with him.

Bryan was more than happy to explain things to us and flexible in our plans. His driver Mr Charlie Wang was also great.

Our time in Xi An definitely wouldn't have been as good without Bryan.

You can contact him on the website below:

www.xianhistorytourguide.com

Foshan, China
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Hi, I can recommend Jane Yang, she is a nice person with good English, which is not so common and she knows Xi'an and surroundings. I have been to Terractota Warriors and famous Huashan mountain (at least it's famous in China) and of course city attractions with her (see my review of city wall, more reviews will come later, I don't have so much free time now). I was satisfied with the service level she provided.

Good luck!

6. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 July 2012, 12:35
A n
Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

I have just returned from xi,an .A exellent guide served for my family .She has a good knowledge of places of interest in xi,an .She made a deep impressionn of all of us .Her passion and patiention movedus.I was great satisfied with the service level she provided. Hope this can help you !Have a good time !

Katonah, NY
Level Contributor
895 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

Please use Linda, Xianprivatetour, above. She was the best! We just spent a day with her a couple of weeks ago, she was wonderful. She arranged our airport pickup, took us to Hanyangling (ver good), then teh Warriors, back to our hotel, let us check in and waited for us to freshen up, then to De Fa Cheng where she ordered our 18 course dumpling meal for us. She was a pleasure to be around. A truly lovely person. Linda, it's Linda if you are reading this:-)

9. Re: Looking for a Xi'an guide for July 13 & 14

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 23:16