We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

Which Xi'an hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,687 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

We (2 people) will travel by G96 train from Guangzhou South to Xi-an North on 10/14 ETA 1640, staying at Citadine Central. I have read through many Xi'an topics, one mentioned there is a subway from Xi'an North to Citadine. We have 2 wheeled luggage, so cannot walk too far or go and up stairs.

What are the available transports from Xi'an North to Citadine Central, time and cost?

On 10/16, we will take Z20 @ 1955 to BJ. I assume taxi is best way? since old main station tend to be in busy downtown area? cost and time?

Thank you. Looking forward to visit Xi'an, the famed capital of China for 1,000 years? or longer?

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

First, G96 arrives at the North station but the Z20 leaves from the main station. I remember that you are buying tickets from china-diy-travel.com so they will give you instructions about the stations.

Xi'An north is attached to the subway. It is a direct route to the Bell Tower station. From the subway to the hotel it is a good 10 minute walk. There are escalators; the trick is to find the right exit.

From the hotel to Xi'An main, you must take a taxi.

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,687 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

How much is taxi cost from Xi'an north to Citadine Central?

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

Hello:

the anceint captical is 1500 years old. Better way for you to use is subway from the north trainstation of xian ( 20-25 miutes drive), walk only 10 miutes from the subway station to your hotel.

It is almost impossible to call a taxi from the ciditine to the old train station due to the terrible heavy traffic in the city downtown late afternoon, Taxi drivers don't want to waste too much time for the traffics. Therefor it seem only one option left for you is public trasnpotation (# 611 most commen ones it run every 5-10 minutes ) it cost you 1 rmb to the train station.

hope this can help

xianhistorytourguide

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

I took the subway from the north station so no idea for a taxi charge but there is a lineup well signed at the station. It has to be less than 100RMB.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

From Xian North to your hotel, you take the subway to Bell Tower, exit to the Bell Tower Hotel side and walk 5-10 min. To main train station you take taxi for 15 RMB or so, time depends on the traffic situation, normally it's 20 min.

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,736 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

I have the impression that the OP will not take the subway. The subway is not a bad option but it more a 10-15 minute walk which is not bad although the challenge is that there are so many exits at this subway, it is hard to figure the right one. So getting out of the subway to the street can take 10 minutes. and when you have no idea where you are going, a taxi usually makes sense.

Xi'an, China
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

Hello:

the average of the taxi fee from the new train station to the ciditine hotel will cost you 40-50 rmb.

hope this can help you

xianhistorytourguide

San Francisco
Destination Expert
for Guangzhou
Level Contributor
11,687 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

We will take taxi. 40-50 RMB is a bargain, 2 suitcases are not fun on subway, after 8 hours on the train.

I have also learned in 20 years of traveling in China, when a local guy tells you it is 10 minutes walk, be very careful about this 10 minutes. It can be a wonderful 30 minutes walk because we stop to look at everything, or it can be a 30 minutes walk in hell with hot heat or muddy rain which will ruin the whole day, their 10 minutes is not the same as 10 minutes for us. I look forward to see the subway exits after we get rid of the suitcases, I will tell you which exit.

Thanks.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,915 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

I think the key is to find the right exit of subway Bell Tower. The corner where people walk into the back street to the hotel is just south and opposite to the Drum Tower. Most concern of mine isn't to find the way. It's the luggages loaded over you which is convenient for the pickpockets for that Xian has been outstanding.

Boston...
Level Contributor
528 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xi'an North to Citadine to Xi'an station transportation

The escalator exit you will want has a big sign that says WELCOME TO XIAN.To view the sign you have to look above the bottom of the escalator.I spent 4 days at the Citadines using the subway and north station,the 10 minutes is an accurate number.