We engaged Bryanbaichen today for a one day tour of the terracotta warriors and the animal rescue center. I cannot over-emphasize how impressed we were with Bryan's services (and of course his driving partner Charlie Wong :) )
We had arrived in Xi'an from Beijing where we had a disappointing experience with a Tripadvisor recommended guide (Mr. Ping). To experience the contrast provided by Bryan's service was truly experiencing how it should be done!
Key points to note regarding Bryan & his service:
* Extremely courteous, caring & polite guide
* Excellent English - better than many people I know whose first language is English :)
* Fantastic knowledge of Chinese history, and is clearly passionate about the subject. Points out many interesting points along the way as well as little known facts on the guided tours of terra cotta warriors etc
* In relation to the guided tours, Bryan points out many small points which you would not find out for yourself. He is extremely patient and does not rush you or crowd you. If you want more time to explore, he is happy for you to do so and respects the fact you are a tourist and this is a new experience for you. Many tour guides who have visited sites many times can become complacent and try and keep you moving through, however Bryan does not and allows you time to fully enjoy the experience
* I am interested in history and ask a lot of questions. Sometimes I feel like I ask too many questions as guides can struggle to find answers, however it was extremely easy with Bryan. Upon reflection there was not a single question I asked that Bryan could not answer thoroughly for me!
* Bryan takes into consideration the fact you are a foreign tourist, and is particular about pointing out the 'more westernised' toilets for you along the way, and also whilst he took us to a traditional restaurant, only did so once he knew we were happy to go. We have had experiences where guides take you to restaurants whether you really want to go or not, which can be uncomfortable!
* Bryan works with reputable drivers, and Charlie Wong who drove for us today was a safe, well experienced driver. The car was a very nice vehicle, and very clean and in good condition, making it a pleasurable trip. Overall we cannot recommend Bryan more highly.
He is the best tour guide we have had the pleasure to travel with, and have no hesitation in recommending his services. I am happy for anyone with queries to contact me for further details.Edited: 10 December 2014, 13:09