We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Latest earthquake in Yunnan

Which Kunming hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Western Australia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Latest earthquake in Yunnan

We are booked to visit Yunnan in a few weeks and are a bit concerned about the place after the latest earth quake a couple of days ago. Media report seems to indicate damage & sadly death mainly in the rural areas. Anyone knows the latest situation?

1. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2012, 12:20
2. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 September 2012, 23:24
Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,289 posts
814 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

Awang is correct. This did not take place in a tourist area and a few weeks for now it will obviously be all over.

Dublin, California
Level Contributor
19,048 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

All the tours from HK have been canceled. So you better check with your tour company if you are taking a guided tour.

Lijiang,Yunnan
Level Contributor
296 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

we are based in Lijiang, everything is fine here.still there are a lot of tourists.

Beijing
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

Yes, my friend in Kunming told me he didn't know there was earthquake if he didn't watch TVs. He felt nothing about the earthquake.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
204 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

Thanks for all your feedback!

Today I had a look at a good map on China & realized Yiliang County is actually quite far from Kunming , towards the NW of Yunnan.

I was using Google the other day to find Yiliang county where the earthquake was reported to take place and it showed me another Yiliang which is between Kunming & the Stone Forest - hence my concern! It seems that there are 2 places called Yiliang in Yunnan!

8. Re: Latest earthquake in Yunnan

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2013, 10:16