We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dongchuan Redland , Xintian town,north east of kunming

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
28 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dongchuan Redland , Xintian town,north east of kunming

We want to see the Red land in April,2013. Any fellow travellers who have been there in the month of April ? I gathered that the best months to tour this Red land are May ,Sept and November. We will omit this attraction if there isn't much color in April.Thank you for sharing .

China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours
Bravo Asia Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Intrepid Photo Sojourns
Photography Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dongchuan Redland , Xintian town,north east of kunming

I was there in 2012.11.01~03.

You're right, local info for the best months to tour are May, Sep, Oct and Nov. Not sure wil it good in Apr.

I took local bus at the 'Northern Transportation Hub' in Kunming. There are 2 buses at 07:50 and 08:30 with RMB40pp. Most likely, it is hard to get the 07:50 bus because travelling time from Kunming's city centre to the 'Hub' need an hour. Besides that, waiteing local bus at the early morning is tough. May be, if you take #23 (RMB2pp) that near the Rail Station is the best op.

The bus leaved KMG at 08:30 and arrived '花石头' at 13:30. I suggest stay here because this is the most convenience spot.

At the T-junction, there are 2 buses back to KMG at 08:50 and 09:30.

In Day 1, after settle down, I walk along the h ghway to Dongchuan direction.

The 5KM walk to the 'Old Fir Tree' (千年龙树) with 1.25 hours. Along the way, the viewpoints are '红土映象' (it is a resort), '大平塘' and 'Huagou Reservoir' (花沟水库)

Went back to '花石头', 10min walk to KMG direction is '樂普凹'. It is suggest to take photos at the morning & caught the bus back to KMG.

In Day 2, there is a bus heading to Dongchuan direction at 08:50. Arrived 'Moon Field' (月亮田) at 09:40 with RMB15pp. There are another 4 buses on that route at the morning but I didn't record the time.

There is a bus from Dongchuan- '花石头' direction around 09:45 at the 'Moon Field' (月亮田). I haven't got it thus I walked for 9.5KM(2 hrs) to '冬瓜湾' then '落霞沟' (another 15min walk).

I caught a bus at 14:20 that heading to 'Colourful Slope'(七彩坡)'- '花石头' direction with RMB10pp and arrived at 14:35.

'Colourful Slope'(七彩坡) another side is '锦绣园', along the highway for 15min walk.

Following the trail back to '花石头' just 20min walk.

FYI.

2. Re: Dongchuan Redland , Xintian town,north east of kunming

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 22:16