We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dongchuan Red Land

Which Kunming hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Dongchuan Red Land

I would be travelling to Dongchuan, Kunming in mid-November 2013. Would appreciate any feedback on how to book a private car or taxi wih driver to Dongchuan as well as recommendation on the place to stay and any other relevant information that may be of help to me. Many thanks.

1. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2013, 18:16
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Dongchuan is a place that would be difficult to DIY without sufficient Chinese language skills. Engage a private tour or do a join-in from a Kunming agency, that includes everything including transport, accommodation, guide. Most visitors leave early on Day 1 from Kunming and return evening of Day 2. Make sure that you understand what the landscape will look like in mid-November, so your expectations are in line.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 19:32
Beijing, China
Level Contributor
8,618 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Forgot to add: if you do have Chinese language skills, a third day to play around with to make up for transport inefficiencies, and can rough it a bit, it is possible to do this by public transport and some make-it-up-as-you-go strategies. It will be much cheaper than a private or group tour but you'd need to do some homework in advance on connections, etc. Somebody on the forums of www.gokunming.com (expat website) probably has posted a how-to description.

4. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 July 2013, 03:35
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Hi, thank you for your reply/post. Yes, I would be interested in further advice or a private itinerary. I have sent an email to the address listed but have yet to receive a reply. Would appreciate your response.

Thank you.

Grobbendonk, Belgium
Level Contributor
20 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Hello,

The man who will do transport to the Redlands from Kunming is John Xie at a reasonable price. He knows the area and places to stay.

Johnxie@189cn

Enjoy

Andre

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Thanks, Andre.

malaysia
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Are you sure the email address for John Xie is correct, Andre? I've tried posting to him but all I get is 'an invalid address'. Would be grateful if you could give an alternative way to reach him. Thanks alot.

I would be pleased if anyone can assist in giving info of a good package tour of about 6 days in Kunming, including a must to Dongchuan Red land. My 3 friends & myself will be there from 28 Sept to 5 Oct 2013. Thanks.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

kualabeliat

were you able to find someone for the trip? We will be trying to do it early November. thanks

msia
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dongchuan Red Land

Kualabeliat, any luck on your request to Dongchuan? We (3A+1C) are intended to travel there on 13th Nov and staying over night. Tho not a pro photographer, can't give a miss to see the beautiful scenery there. Still at lost on how to find a private tour/ driver to the place.