We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Transportation:

If staying at Lijiang Old Town, how did you guy get to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)? What option I can have? Travelling time and fare?

A) Cable car:

Knowing from travelchinaguide.com/attraction/yunnan/lijia… there are 3 Ropeway Fare, which route is recommended? Travelling in 1st week of December, basically would like to get up there to see the snow mountain, get down somewhere with snow, stay a while for photo shooting, is it possible to get down or the cable car will only allowed to let tourists drop off at designated viewing platform? Please advice.

B) Impression Lijiang Show:

How many show available per day? Where can I refer to show time table? Would you recommend to watch the show before go up to the mountain by cable or after? How long for the show? Is it easy to get ticket?

If I have a full day, depart from Lijiang Old Town, do I have enough time to cover both A and B above included travelling and queue for ticket time? What time I should set off and be back?

Thanks

China Odyssey Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours
Colorful-China Travel
Day Trips, Hiking & Camping Tours, Private Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Ciel Yunnan
City Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Multi-day Tours, Private Tours
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
311 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Yes 1 day is enough. We hired a driver from lijiang to the mountain cost rmb200. This was arrange by our hotel. We didn't watch the show. Overall ticket to jade snow mountain is expensive. You need to pay lijiang fees, the the snow mountain entrance fees and then the cable car and of course the show If you are going. Jade snow mountain is the most expensive destination for lijiang.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Hello sulingh, which platform you got off from the cable car? Did you manage to touch snow? Thanks for other info too

Does anyone know if we go up to Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, which platform is allowed visitor to walk out to the snow area?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
53 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

There is no snow right now in the mountain. Consider mei,li snow mountain

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

By the way I will be there in first week of December

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Yes, just hire a taxi to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain for the day trip.

There are 3 viewing points that are accessible by cable car. The only viewing point that you can play with snow will be the Ganhaizi (甘海子) which is at 4500 metres. The cable car will take you from about 3300 metres all the way to the top.

Early Dec highly unlikely that you will be able to touch and play with snow at the top, unless you are very lucky when you are up there it snows.

Impression Lijiang Show – Getting ticket in early Dec should not be a problem,because of non peak season. Just ask the taxi driver to buy the show and cable car tickets for you.

For the mountain and show, if you start at 8.00am you should be able to get back to your hotel before 6.00pm.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

referring to travelchinaguide.com/attraction/yunnan/lijia…

Ropeway Fare:

CNY182 for the big ropeway (Glacier Park)

CNY 82 for the middle ropeway (Yak Level Ground)

CNY 77 for the small ropeway (Spruce Level Ground)

which Level is Ganhaizi (甘海子) ?

thanks yukok6688

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
571 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Hi,

The most expensive one,Glacier Park = Ganhaizi (甘海子)

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
314 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Noted ;)

How long for the hike from 3300 to 4500?

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
311 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Hike? We went to glacier park too... When you reach the cable base station you will be walking a lot, stairs and etc...it's a long walking platform.. I think there should be snow in December.. I didn't watch the show I am not a big fan of this show I have been one in china didn't like it. Felt like is a waste of money!! But we'll some people enjoy it ..

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
9 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jade Dragon Snow Mountain (Yulong Xue Shan 玉龙雪山)

Hi!

Im going to lijiang this month. I read that since the yulong mountain is very close to tibet, visitors need to get a special travel visa. Is this true?

Also, can you recommend a clean but not too expensive hotel nearby?

Thank you very much!