We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village of DongChuan Red Land

Which Kunming hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Little Rock...
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Village of DongChuan Red Land

Does this village have an entrance fee? if so, how much?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
72 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Village of DongChuan Red Land

Interested to know how you got from Huashitou village / Fazhexiang to Hongtudi Guanjing Lou guesthouse... Did you call them to pick you? If so, how much did they charge?

Is the bus stop walking distance from Hongtudi Guanjing Lou? If so, would it be a pleasant walk through the countryside?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
72 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Village of DongChuan Red Land

Interested to know how you got from Huashitou village / Fazhexiang to Hongtudi Guanjing Lou guesthouse... Did you call them to pick you? If so, how much did they charge?

Is the bus stop walking distance from Hongtudi Guanjing Lou? If so, would it be a pleasant walk through the countryside?

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,326 posts
523 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Village of DongChuan Red Land

I came in from a different direction; not from Kunming. (I first visited some places in Zhaotong and Qujing.) So I didn't call them to pick me up. I got off the bus at their front door.

The road that runs by that guesthouse is paved, but narrow. Most of it does not have shoulders. Local people do walk on the road but it is somewhat hazardous. The road has many sharp turns and vehicles can appear rather suddenly. Most of them seem to drive with little regard for the safety of pedestrians.

Personally, I would prefer to hike somewhere else later without my luggage. Someplace safer with better visibility.

Please let me repeat something said earlier. This is not an easy and convenient place to go. Tourist infrastructure is minimal.

14. Re: Village of DongChuan Red Land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:17