We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upcoming visit

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Upcoming visit

My friend and I will be in Kunming in October for a couple of days. We have made reservations at the Crowne Plaza and think this will be fairly convenient. I understand there is a jewelry market and the photos remind me on the Jade Market in Hong Kong. Where is it located in relationship to the Crowne Plaza?

Can you tell me the distance to the Yuan Yang Rice Terraces. If we were using a private car, how long would it take?

Thanks for your help.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upcoming visit

>>"Can you tell me the distance to the Yuan Yang Rice Terraces. If we were using a private car, how long would it take?"

It is too far to fit into the time frame of your 2-day Kunming trip.

Takes a minimum of one full day to get there (best if you can break this Kunming to Yuanyang drive with an overnight stop along the way.) Two nights there to see the terraces (one night is possible, but rushed.) Then another full day to get back to Kunming.

It's a long way, and part of it is on small mountain roads.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 14:31
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upcoming visit

As to a jewelry market near the Crowne Plaza, I don't know of one. If you have a street address, I can help you locate it on a map.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Upcoming visit

The Market probably is 景星花鳥珠寶世界 that locates at Jing Xing Jie which is 2KM from the hotel.

Edited: 06 August 2014, 17:57
Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Upcoming visit

Good job, @Chinaloveland! That looks like a good possibility. I have not been to that market. (Since I seldom shop for jewelry.)

Huntsville, Alabama
Level Contributor
221 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Upcoming visit

Thank you for the information on the Rice Terraces. MI was afraid that the distance was too far to visit this trip. The market I am trying to locate is a lot like the Jade Market in Hong Kong. Thanks so much for your help.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,438 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Upcoming visit

I've never been to the jade market in Hong Kong.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Upcoming visit

hi, dear, i am swan from kunming comfort travel, local agent here

in fact they are not familar here, only tell you jingxing flower and bird market, you can fine the jewelry there, but the nearest one from Crowne plaza hotel is only 800meter, this market beside the bank of china, NO.16 DONGFENG WESTROAD, KUNMING, on the Nanping Walking street, you can let the front desk show you there..

another questions is how far from Kunming to Yuanyang terrace, not whole day time, only 6hours drive by a SUV. we can offer you such of car with private transfer, and price is 2000RMB with gas and toll fee, the best hotel is Yunti hotel in the small county, many foreigers stay in this hotel, you can tour in the afternoon , and take sun rise photo in the early morning, then back to kunming from 14:00pm after lunch..

hope this information can give you a litte help.

regards

8. Re: Upcoming visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:16