We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

I'm planning a trip to Dongchuan Red Land from Kunming. Been trying to plan accommodations near the bus station as we will be leaving in the morning. However, my search has left me with two results of the location of the bus.

1. Kunming car passenger Transport north station, which is along beijing road

2. 北部气车客运站 along 沣原路 near 昆明亿都酒店

Please advise on which is the correct one. Your help will be very much appreciated!

Mentioned in this post
Dongchuan Red Land
Dongchuan Red Land
144 Reviews
Kunming, China
Kunming
Kunming
Yunnan, China
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

In 2012.10, the location is 25.110122,102.761943 as Google Map.

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

The buses going into the Dongchuan Red Lands 东川红土地 area from Kunming depart from the North Bus Station. This is the 北部汽车客运站,along 沣原路。 Your second choice is right.

It is 10 or 15 minutes by taxi from 昆明亿都酒店。So that should be a convenient place to stay. If it is full, I remember seeing two other hotels very near the station, one of which is actually walking distance. Cannot remember the name, but if you need it, I will try to search it for you.

Edited: 26 August 2014, 23:13
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

Yes, the昆明豪顺酒店(北部店) locates at the next door of the Bus Station with stone through distance.

Around the Station, there are some huts (not recommend because of safety issue).

Sentosa Island...
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

Thank you for all your help! I got the owner of the guest house to pick us from the station. :)

Kunming, China
Level Contributor
3,827 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

You're welcome. Glad that it worked out well.

6. Re: Help needed! :) bus station to Dongchuan red land

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15