We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

Which Hangzhou hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

I just returned from a day hike at Hangshun and now realize how much I miss hiking! I'm living in Shanghai but it is so FLAT here. Hangzhou is close so I'd like to hike there but I don't feel comfortable finding my way because I don't read/write Chinese.

I'd like to find an English speaking guide in Hangzhou or nearby areas that could lead day hikes. Anyone know of one?

Guilin
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

Hi, why not to find one from a local tour agency? Or just find a college student to accompany you to hike and offer some good advice to you. As I know, there are quite a number of students would like to find a part-time job to get some extra income.

China Private Travel

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

Oh, too intimidated to contact a local tour agency because I don't speak Chinese. And since I do my internet searches in english, the local agencies don't even show up.

The college student idea is good but then again, how do I find them? I don't mind if the English is not great or if they are not 'hikers', what I need is someone to help me find the trails, get to and from train station, find a place to eat, etc.

I have found excellent guides thru tripadvisor in the past but are then any local/chinese sites for guides?

hong kong
Level Contributor
8,880 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

Some hiking suggestions on wikitravel:

http://wikitravel.org/en/Hangzhou

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
2,754 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

hiking in Hangzhou, i tried to walk west lake around ..5 hours...then i felt my legs shaking on the train by to shanghai.....hahaha

Shanghai, China
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

Nice wiki on Hangzhou but I really do want a guide! In other locations I have been able to find English speaking guide for 100rmb a day and it is so worth it to me to have the help.

6. Re: Hiking Guide in Hangzhou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 06:16