We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Is anyone able to tell me the times of any direct buses from Hangzhou to Tangkou on Sun 22 May or Mon 23 May? How long will this journey take? Is it better, perhaps newer bus etc, to go via Huangshan City (Tunxi)?

Many thanks for any advice.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

The bus fare is RMB75, bus leaves at Hangzhou Xi(West) terminal.

Address: 18, Xia Hang Road, Xiaoshan District, Hangzhou, China

Schedule for tollway are;

07:10- 11:10, hourly,

11:50 (RMB57),

12:20- 15:20, hourly,

16:30

For non tollway;

07:20(RMB59), 0930, 12:00, 14:10, 15:10(RMB89)

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Thanks Chinaloveland, this is a great help. Are these the times to Tangkou or Tunxi (Huangshan City) ?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Beijing, Lijiang
Level Contributor
9,655 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

I was in this area in January and there were no direct buses that go hourly between Hangzhou & Tangkou. There were approx 3 to 4 a day but I don't know their times.

Most peeps go via Tunxi because the connection are better. You will only be saving about 1/2 an hour if you get a direct bus so I guess it depends on the bus times as to which suites you better.

Then again, I was there in winter Brrrrr :-P So maybe during the more popular months there are more buses between Hangzhou & Tangkou, but I don't think they will be hourly. Maybe Chinaloveland means via Tunxi to connect with the Tangkou buses.

Beijing, CHINA
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

INDEED that there are many DIRECT bus between Hangzhou & Tangkou. the time is 8:00, 10:30, 10:50,12:40, 14:10, 15:10 everyday.

Take by bus from Hangzhou to Huangshan (about 248km) lasting about 3-4 hours and the fare is RMB85-100. Arrive Huangshan Tangkou bus station 黄山风景区汤口(here is Huangshan scenic spots) NOT downtown TUNXI 屯溪 (here is center of Huangshan city) bus station. Taking by bus from Huangshan Tankou to Tunxi (about 100km) lasting about 1.5 hour IF you arrive Tunxi.

Suggest you take by bus at morning and arrive Huangshan before noon. then take by Huangshan Shuttle bus go to top of Huangshan directly.

There are many huangshan shuttle bus picking tourists to Huangshan. You should/must leave your luggage to hotel or Clock Room and only take a backpack with minimal clothing FOR EASE HIKE.

There are many hotel on top of the Huangshan Moutain. Four star hotels: Xihai hotel, Beihai Hotel, Shilin hotel, Yupinglou hotel and Taihai Mountain Villa.

TRAVELING IS LIFE. HOPE HELPFUL.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 10:29
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Hi May101,

The bus terminated at Tangkou cable car terminal.

You're unnecessary go to downtown TUNXI 屯溪 (here is center of Huangshan city) bus station then Tangkou.

Please follow travelingisli... 's statement'

'Suggest you take by bus at morning and arrive Huangshan before noon. then take by Huangshan Shuttle bus go to top of Huangshan directly. '

Have a good trip

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Thank you everyone for very helpful replies.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
193 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Does anyone have the schedule for the fastest buses from Tangkou to Hangzhou? Is it daily? Cost? Time to Hangzhou? thanks!

L.A.
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Any suggestions where to safely leave luggage in Tangkou? I'd like to get from Tangkou bus stop to top of road as quickly as possible after getting off the bus from Hangzhou.

Many thanks.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

Dear Travellingislife,

sorry to trouble you. As you mentioned the four 4-stars hotel, whic in your opinion is best located in "near the scenic spot". I mean is do less hiking and aslo able to watch sunrise & sunset ?

we are traveling soon.

Thanks

10. Re: Hangzhou Tangkou bus times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 04:15