We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

After 3 nights in Beijing, 2 nights in Shanghai, we were planning to spend one day in suzhou and most of it in Tongli before getting a train the next day to Hangzhou for 2 nights in April. Now I am thinking of skipping Suzhou all-togather and go to Hangzhou directly and visit Wuzhen instead of Tongli. I know they are very different but I just want to cut down some travelling. My original itinerary was too hectic.

Could someone advise us on how to travel from Hangzhou to wuzhen as a day trip please ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

Wuzhen locates at the midway of Suzhou & Hangzhou.

If you prefer travel from Hangzhou, the Transportation Hub has hourly bus to there with 2.5H.

An alternate plan is from Suzhou to Jiaxing (by freq. trains or buses) with journey time 1.5H(D-train)~3H(coach, K-train) then changeover with bus to Wuzhen (hourly interval with journey time 1H)

Edited: 19 February 2012, 03:04
Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

Most direct buses to Wuzhen are launched from Hangzhou Jiu Bao Bus Terminal (Chinese:杭州九堡汽车客运中心). Ticket 30 Yuan, Time cost is 1 hr.

If your destination is water town not hangzhou, i sugguest you pick Xitang instead of Wuzhen, as a day trip based from Shanghai. And skip Hangzhou.

Beijing, China
Destination Expert
for Guilin, Xi'an, Tibet
Level Contributor
4,917 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

A lot of direct buses to Xitang are launched from Shanghai South Bus Terminal which is next to Shanghai South Railway Station.

London, United...
Level Contributor
71 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

Hi

Thank you.

Looks like the Jiu Bao Bus Terminal way is the easiest then. I am thinking of staying 3 nights in Xihu instead of 2. I always want to go to Xihu and I don't want to rush this trip.

I plan to walk around the lake, see the Ba Causeway and Gu Island, Linyi Temple and the Dragon Well Tea Village and a water town. I rather see less and take it easy than rushing about to see more.

Would the Jiu Bao Bus Terminal be somewhere near the railway station then? Do you know how often does this route run?

Thanks

5. Re: from Hangzhou to Wuzhen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2013, 10:33