We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japan Trip on 9-18 Aug 2008

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nontaburee
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Topic
Japan Trip on 9-18 Aug 2008

HI, I plan to go to Japan on 8-18 Aug 2008. I will buy 7 days JR Rail Pass.

Note: Let me ask you some idea as follow

1.Can you give reccommend about my plan in Tokyo and around in 4 days. Can I go to Mr.Fuji, Nikko, Disney Sea, some attraction place around Tokyo in 4 days.

2. Actually I will arrive to Japan (Osaka) on 9 Aug 2008, and I plan to stay at Osaka 3 days (I plan to go to Universal Studio, Kyoto and Nara) and then go to Sapporo for 3 days (Sapporo attraction and Lavender farm) before go back to Tokyo on 15-18 Aug 2008. What do you think about my 1st plan?

3. Or after I arrive Osaka on 9 Aug 2008, should I stay their only 1 night and take train in the night of 10 Aug 2008 go to sapporo for 11-13 Aug 2008 and take train in the night of 13 Aug 2008 go back to Tokyo. So for this plan I will stay at your hotel from 14-18 Aug 2008. And I plan to go to Kyuto/Nara/Nikko/Mr Fuji/Disney sea and some attraction place around Tokyo. What do you thing about this my 2nd idea? Please let me know.

4.For night train, do I have to pay extra train cost?

5. Any better alternative travel plan on that period of time.

Best Regard and Thks

Panarasee T.

panrasee.kk@gmail.com

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Japan Trip on 9-18 Aug 2008

Hi there

Is this your first trip to Japan? because if it is, I suggest staying in Honshu and doing all the Tokyo - Osaka = kyoto - Nara sightseeing...and doing Hokkaido another time. There is a LOT to see of very Japanese Japan before coming here...up here isn't so Japanese.

Hokkiado is a big place and a long way away from the rest of Japan - so coming all the way up here for just a few days and rushing everything else sounds like hard work and not a holiday!

BUT...it is VERY hot and Humid in the mainland of Japan in AUgust...so coming up here is cooler.....

By the way - if you use the night train you will pay extra for a sleeping berth...but you can have an ordinary seat on the JR Pass.

amanda

Nontaburee
Level Contributor
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Japan Trip on 9-18 Aug 2008

Hi Amanda

The reason why I travel to Japan this time coz I saw the picture of lavender farm in Furano which made me change my mind from travel to Australia and come to Japan instead.

Thks a lotttt for your inf.

I have some more questions, please let me know.

1. Can you tell me the jr rail pass route from Osaka to Sapporo. Or do I should take the train to Tokyo first and then take the night train to Sapporo. (I see some Information about night train to Sapporo from Tokyo in Sapporo Forum).

2. Can you reccommend me the time that I should take the night train to Sapporo from Osaka or even from Tokyo. Is it possible that I can arrive Sapporo in the morning.

3.Apart from 3 days in Hokkaido, do I have enough time look around Sapporo attractions and also go to Furano farm in one day trip. Any reccommend.

Best Regards

Panarasee T. (Kik)

panrasee.kk@gmail.com

3. Re: Japan Trip on 9-18 Aug 2008

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 04:19