We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sapporo accommodation advice needed

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Topic
Sapporo accommodation advice needed

Hi,

I will be going to Hokkaido in mid Dec, and have shortlisted 2 hotels for Sapporo. The ones at Niseko and Noboribetsu have been settled, Sapporo seems a little trickier. Hope the experts, Amanda and others, can advise which hotel would be a better choice to stay in.

1) Fino Hotel

Address: Nishi 4-15, Kita 8 jo, Kita ku, Sapporo city, Hokkaido 060-0808

This is 2 mins walk from the north exit of JR Sapporo Station, in front of the Hokkaido University .

2) Hotel Vista Sapporo Nakajimakohen

Address: 5, West4, South9, Chuo-ku, Sapporo 064-

This is 2 min walk left from exit 1 at Nakajima-koen station on subway Nanpoku line, near to Nakajima park.

Also, if I book from Rakuten(or other websites), sometimes I can only choose 2 people for a twin room, there is no option for 3 people at all. If we are 2 adults + 1 10-year old child, and we do not need an extra bed, can we still book the twin room and input 2 people in the booking? Will we have problem when we check-in?

Cheers.

Daphne.

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

sorry for the double posting, something's wrong with the browser.

oh, and to add on the the above post, I will be coming into Sapporo by train from New Chitose airport and doing the usual sightseeings around the city, the Hokkaido shrine, Nijo market and some shopping.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,080 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

Nakajimakoen is a bit far away from the center of things. You need to walk a good 10 minutes to Susukino, and it is close to 30 minutes to Sapporo station on foot unless you take the subway. The most convenient stretch, in my opinion, is between Sapporo and Odori Park. Based on this reason, it is better to stay at the south side of Sapporo station instead of the north side.

What is your budget?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,080 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

By the way, Nakajimakoen (the park) itself is well worth a walk. There are some picturesque spots, a lake, as well as some interesting sculptures worth a look.

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

Hi Sammyfloyd,

thanks for the reply. My budget is about 10,000 to 13,000 yen. Both the hotels' rooms look very nice on the website with that budget(Hotel Vista is cheaper). Accommodation at Niseko and Noboribetsu is expensive, that is why I am trying to look for decent budget hotels in Sapporo. Would love to hear any recommendation.

Can u also advise me on the second question? Will we have problem when we check-in if we book a twin room for 2 people, but we are 2 adults + 1 child(and we only need a twin rooom, not triple)? For Noboribetsu and Niseko, we book 3 people cause they charge by per person. What about Sapporo hotels, when we only need a twin room?

Many thanks.

Daphne.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

I was introduced with Domy Inn @ Sapporo. Seems like the location is ideal.

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

I have checked out Dormy Inn, but I cant find a twin room online, managed to find only single and double rooms.

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

With regards to my above post, I have found twin room for Dormy Inn. Will definitely consider this hotel, is this much better than Fino and Vista?

singapore
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

I have booked Richmond Hotel Sapporo Odori. It is very near to Dormy inn and Odori station, so I think location should be quite good. Rooms look good too. Only thing it is a long walk from JR Sapporo station, so I guess with the heavy luggage, we have to take a short taxi ride to the hotel.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,080 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

I have stayed at Dormy Inn and it is an excellent hotel. For the price you pay, you get a small but clean room that is bigger and better than Toyoko Inn. There is even a small kitchenette. Best of all, there is an indoor public hot spring where you can soak, which is perfect after a long day of walking and sightseeing. Directly across the hotel (or next to Dormy Inn's annex building) is a souvernir shop that sells Hokkaido products such as White Lover's Chocolate from Ishiya tax free and at 10% discount. This is the cheapest shop I have found.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sapporo accommodation advice needed

Oh dear..I wanted to book a double room on 24 - 26 Oct but is fully booked. Is there any budget accomodation ard Dormy Inn which you guys could recommend?