We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

:+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BKK
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
:+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

I plan to go to Asahiyama Zoo from Sapporo by this Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train and its bus.

Its animal seats are so cute!

But not sure whether they are covered by JR Rail Pass or not. ( Esp. the bus ) It doesn't mention on website.

Anyone has experience?

Thanks..

Guam
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: :+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

I want to ask the same question. When I checked the JR Hokkaido website, it said that the JR Hokkaido pass covers all JR rides, except a few segments, with Sapporo-Asahikawa being one of them.

So this would mean even if i buy the JR Pass, i would still have to pay the full train fare from Sapporo to Asahikawa + reserved seat cost for the Ltd Asahiyama zoo line?

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,459 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: :+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

This is off the top of my head...but the Sapporo to Asahikawa trains are certainly covered by the JR Pass, it's a major line with about 3 trains an hour full of commuting businessmen.

But I shouldn't think the special train with the animal seats is included - its a special, reserve train. You might get a discount..but I doubt it.

If you have small kids then try to get the animal train, if not - just use any train going to Asahikawa and pay a little extra for the bus...its not much.

amanda

Guam
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: :+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

I want to ask the same question. When I checked the JR Hokkaido website, it said that the JR Hokkaido pass covers all JR rides, except a few segments, with Sapporo-Asahikawa being one of them.

So this would mean even if i buy the JR Pass, i would still have to pay the full train fare from Sapporo to Asahikawa + reserved seat cost for the Ltd Asahiyama zoo line?

BKK
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: :+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

Thanks Amanda and zhenova

5. Re: :+: Ltd. Exp. Asahiyama Zoo Train, covered by JR Pass? :+:

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 23:15