We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

Hi there, our extended family is heading to Club Med Sahoro Dec 9 and wondering what the snow situation is likely to be this year ... Keeping our fingers crossed for lotsa snow - our group has 11 kids (cousins aged 13-2years) with major plans for a snow ball battle! We were there end-Nov in 2008 and had a lovely snow storm the night we arrived so we had a lot of wonderfully powdery snow that lasted us throughout our stay (although it never snowed again during our stay). Apparently this was luck, and not the norm for end-Nov so we're hoping our luck will continue this year! Anyone know likely snow conditions/predictions this year in the Club Med Sahoro Shintoku-Cho region? Or where I can get info (weather oracles welcome haha!)

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

If you register, you can get a long range forecast here:

http://www.snow-forecast.com/

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

Thanks ... will try that!

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

you can also follow this thread on the Snow Japan site, but it based more on opinion and not so resort specific:

snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/…1.html

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

... it's a lengthy thread, I think the best guess is, average to possibly above average snow falls, but you may need to post your question there for your early December dates.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

um...my ski instructor other half just looked over my shoulder at the computer and said: "ahh...no...small chance of snow...".

I'm guessing there will be some to play in, but there won't be loads of the stuff and the ski report may not be open yet.

It's south-east of the Daisetsu Mountains.

amanda

Furano, Japan
Level Contributor
91 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

In my experience, there will amost certainly be snowfall at ground level (we already have snowfall in the region at 1000 m ASL, photos from this morning at http://blog.freshpowder.com/ ) but early Dec can be hit and miss for skiing. Temps will normally be cold enough that in the worst possible cases they can still use artificial snow on the main runs, assuming the resort is so equipped.

As for when they plan to open and if they have snow guns, probably best to inquire with them direct:

http://www.clubmed-sahoro.com/en/index.php

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

Thanks blutek ... well, a good prediction on the thread by snowdude (who seems to be the head honcho when it comes to snow forecasts ) so huzzah! Quite a funny thread too - thanks for sharing!

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

So snowball fights on, but maybe no skiing? Hmmm, time for the adults to hit the bar then haha ...

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Hakone-machi, Minato
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

A few years ago I went to Club Med in Sahoro on Dec. 18. Not much snow then either, except on a couple of slopes that were open. Spent more time at the pool and in the WARM jacuzzi. It's a long COLD way from the jacuzzi to the door when it's snowing and your hair is frozen!

Take your swimsuits and the kids will have fun!

singapore
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any snow in early December at Club Med Sahoro?

Wow! Sounds like we were really really lucky last year to have had so much snow when we got there Nov 29 - the first weekend Club Med opened for winter season ... Being snow-newbies, we thought that much snow was totally the norm which is why we rounded up a bigger group to head back this year! Will definitely be packing swim gear then, thanks , mamajelli, - a little ironic since we're coming over from Singapore haha!