We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ChitoseAirport-MinamiChitose-Shintoku

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
ChitoseAirport-MinamiChitose-Shintoku

Travelling with ski equipment for 4 and 6 year old and two pairs of adult skis. First time to Japan. Appreciate any tips about doing this efficiently and with minimal hassle. Japanrail states that kids 6 and over pay half price. Are they strict about this? My two kids are very small in size, and often mistaken to be under 5s.

Thanks!

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ChitoseAirport-MinamiChitose-Shintoku

Two questions here:

I don't know how strict JR will be about kids and ages....give it a try....

You can easily send skis and bags from the arrical airport - Narita or Osaka will be next day or 2 days later deliver...or at Chitose you could get next day delivery.

But the train changes from the airport terminal to Shintoku and the ski resort are very easy - worth taking your stuff.

Minami Chitose station is just two platforms and a small boring waiting room (major outlet mall just a minute from the station though, if you have time!!).

No food at Minami Chitose Station....so buy in the airport or go to the shopping mall if u have time.

Amamda

hkg
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: ChitoseAirport-MinamiChitose-Shintoku

Going over to Club Med for a week holiday with children next week. Was just informed by husband that we have to arrange our own transport from Chitose Airport to Club Med. Scoured most major websites re transport. We arrived 20.30 at Chitose. We cannot connect on the last train leaving Sapporo Stn to Shintoku. I saw some bus companies - airport buses and also taxis but no clue as to where we should head to that would be the closest to clubmed sahoro so they can pick us up somewhere near. I am lugging an 8 and 6 yr old.

3. Re: ChitoseAirport-MinamiChitose-Shintoku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2010, 08:17