We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying skis in Niseko

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Buying skis in Niseko

Hi does anyone have the address of ski stores near Niseko?

Anywhere that I can get a good deal preferably within 20 minutes drive of the slopes.

Thanks,

Alex

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

"Niseko" is actually the area name.

The main ski village is called "Hirafu" and the nearest small town is "Kutchan" (15 mins by bus).

Both Niseko and Kutchan have got ski rental and buying shops.

Or you can check out the website for buyinh/selling stuff

http://niseko.kutchannel.net/

Sapporo city also has ski/sports shops.

Amanda

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

Hi thanks for your help. Do you know any good stores in Sapporo? And what are their hours on a SUnday?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

I suggest you just walk around and find out. Stores should be open on Sunday. There are plenty of them all over the place selling wares of varying brands. My guess though is that it would not be cheap to buy because of the very strong Yen.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 01:46
Hong Kong
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

hi thanks. I have limited time so was wondering if anyone has some good spots to go to?

So far I have found Sports Authority but it's a good 15-20 minutes away from the Train station but at least they're open til 10PM.

I won't be in Sapporo until 6:30-7PM so need to make the most of my time and then I leave on a train at 9PM. So I have 2 hrs to sort everything out....

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,243 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

Are you just skiing for one time or are you dead-set on buying your own ski equipment? All the slopes have rental equipment available. The ski stores near the slopes also have rental equipment as well, typically of higher quality for experienced skier.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
62 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

hi i've been a few times now, looked around in Hong Kong and couldn't find any decent skiis (it's actualyl for my wife, she's looking for white or pink skiis haha). would prefer to buy instead of renting..

Avoca, Australia
Destination Expert
for Rusutsu-mura
Level Contributor
3,538 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

There are several ski shops in Susukino.

Take the Green Metro line to Susukino, exit station & walk back towards Tanukikoji shopping mall.

There is a large multi-story ski shop in a street to the right, just before Tanukikoji. It's one block away on the street corner, from memory.

In Kutchan, there is Takiguchi Sports:

http://www.spotaki.co.jp/topenglish.html

Edited: 27 January 2011, 10:37
Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,470 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

Me too - I wondered why you are a buying skis when there are plenty to rent in Niseko.

But with only 2 hours shopping time in Sapporo, and in the evening.

Take a taxi or subway to Susukino.

Get out at the KFC on the main junction. One short block back/north is a sports shop on the corner - I think it is called Good Sports - lots of skis etc.

Amanda

9. Re: Buying skis in Niseko

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 05:17