We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much time do we need in Sapporo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
How much time do we need in Sapporo

I need to start looking at accomodation in February for the Snow Festival. At this point we have 3 days / 3 nights allocated. As well as the festival we are thinking of also the beer factory and a trip out to Otaru to have a look around. Is there anything elso of interest to do / see different to what we would have seen already in our 2 weeks before ? We can possibly fit in another day in Sapporo if there is. Thanks.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
52,786 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much time do we need in Sapporo

3 days are enough to see what Sapporo and Otaru have to offer, including the Snow Festival.

Sapporo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Sapporo, Hokkaido
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much time do we need in Sapporo

And don't forget timeing - the Sapporo Snow Festival is good daytime, and the Otaru festival and the Sukukino festivals are better after dark (4.30 pm)......it's also pssible to go and do a lake festival such as Shikotsu. Or you can go snow showing, or skiing. boarding......

Amanda

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much time do we need in Sapporo

Thankyou Sammy and Amanda.

Could you please give me more information on Sukukino and Shikotsu --- I know nothing about them.

We will have already come from ski resort in Honshu.

4. Re: How much time do we need in Sapporo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:17