We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Which Sapporo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
14 posts
Save Topic
Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

We are flying into Sapporo from Tokyo and prefer a private transfer rather than tackle trains or buses. We are not young and have several suitcases with us.

We plan to stay 1 night in Otaru prior to embarking on a cruise the next day.

Does anyone have any advise re information about a private car that we could book for my husband and me to pick us up from our flight and take us to our hotel in Otaru.

Thank you.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Hi Leslie, I have sent you an email.

Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Hi rojaan 1, we are also friends of lkbside! Small world isn't it?

I have another question if you are able to help me please.

We have to get from NRT to HND for our flight to Sapporo. We have plenty of time between the 2 flights just in case. What is the best/most convenient/comfortable way to do this? Appreciate your knowledge of Japan, it's along time ago that we were there independently.

Thanks very much.

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
45,526 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

NRT to HND = limousinebus.co.jp/en/…narita.html

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Hi Sassi, Dave is right - the limousine bus is the easiest way to transfer. You buy your ticket at the limousine bus counter, they tell you which bus stop number, there is a porter there to load your luggage onto the bus. We use the limousine bus for transfers to and from our hotel in Toyko. It is super reliable and runs on time !

So when are you going on your cruise and where to ??

Australia
14 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Thank you Dave and rojaan for your advice. The limousine bus is the way to go. I remember using it many years ago from airport to hotel and was impressed with the seamless efficiency. So now feel confident to use it this time.

Rojaan.... we are on the same cruise as Lesley and then staying on for the following sector, 28 days I think. First time on this ship.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Sassi, we are on that cruise too, and also on the next sector as well, same as you.

email me at rojaan19@gmail.com

San Jose...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Yobeekool san

Sorry to jump in with another question, can you please help me about luggage, do you know if Otaru train station have place to store our luggage, and how big is the luggage that can fit in the locker?

We plan to stay overnight in Sapporo then the next morning go to Otaru, but cruise check in is 3pm, we want to spend the morning sightseeing in Otaru, without having to drag our luggages around town, please help us to solve this problem. Thanks very much

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,918 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Otaru-station lockers information:

translate.google.com/translate…

translate.google.com/translate…

If you cannot in case find empty large / super large lockers for large travel suitcases (500-700 yen), go to Charinko Otaru rent-a-cycle shop near the station for the staffed baggage deposit.

http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~charinko/page11.htm

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=ja&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.ocn.ne.jp%2F~charinko%2F

Edited: 03 March 2014, 06:19
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
990 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

Yes, the train goes through Sapporo and on to Otaru. I agree with rojaann1 , you will be OK with the train and luggage. Save yourself some money for Happy Hour on the boat !!

San Jose...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Private transfer from Sapporo airport to hotel in Otaru

thank you very much Yobeekool!

this solves our problem, appreciate it