We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Tsutsumigaru

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Camping at Tsutsumigaru

I will be visiting Miyajima with my husband and 3 sons this coming July for 2 nights and am interested in trying out the campsite. We don't have any equipment so will need to hire tents and blankets. Does anyone have any advise on this idea? We are used to camping in Australia. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Miyajima
Miyajima
4,101 Reviews
Hatsukaichi, Japan
Hiroshima, Japan
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping at Tsutsumigaru

Tsutsumigaura has tents available for rent for between ¥2000 and ¥3500 but only during the summer season - I'm not 100% sure of the dates, but this may well mean they are not available until late July - when will you be here? There's an additional charge of ¥300 per person over 12. BBQs, charcoal, firewood, pans and cooking utensils are also available for rent.

If the tents are not available when you are here another option is to buy couple of cheap dome tents from one of the outlet sports stores/home centers in Hiroshima or order one from Amazon to a hotel - this one is under ¥4000.

amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%AD%E3%83%A3%E3%83%97%E3%…

If you do camp, make sure you zip up tight when you are away from the tent, or you will find a deer or two inside going through your stuff, as I have on more than one occasion!

Hope this helps!

Paul

http://www.gethiroshima.com

Mentioned in this post
Hiroshima
Hiroshima
Hiroshima Prefecture, Japan
2. Re: Camping at Tsutsumigaru

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2014, 05:17