We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
102 posts
Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

Will be leaving a tour extension of Hiroshima and have an 11:50 am flight to ICN. On a Sunday. And then on to JFK. My ticket is on hold but I don't think I have a better flight option and I need to decide in the next few hours. How early do I need to leave the hotel and do the trains leave that early? Sorry, just started this and haven't had a chance to do any research. Thanks for your help!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

Just a quick reply to set your mind at ease. I'll follow with details and later departures. You can leave Hiroshima station at 6 AM and arrive at KIX at 8:46 AM

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

Details:

From Hiroshima, you would take the Nozomi Shinkansen ('bullet train') to Shin-Osaka station, then the Limited Express Haruka (airport express) to KIX. Total travel time is less than three hours.

You can check the schedule for your travel date at http://www.hyperdia.com/ with KANSAI AIRPORT as your destination.

I might take the 7:00 Shinkansen from Hiroshima, arriving at Shin-Osaka at 8:28 AM, to give yourself extra time to find the Haruka without rushing, then the 8:46 Haruka arriving at KIX at 9:34. To see this option, search for Hiroshima-to-Shin-Osaka separately. You should verify this yourself, for your travel date.

For added peace of mind, make the reservation as soon as you easily can, at any major JR station, or at least when you arrive in Hiroshima. The total fare will be ¥ 12,260, around US$100.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
12,103 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

Even in Japan, a country famous for on time trains, the odd delay can in fact happen. Give yourself a little more than the absolute minimum of time.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
102 posts
4. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

Thank you so much for the quick responses. I can breathe a bit easier now.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
102 posts
5. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

I just looked at the train schedule which is not available for Nov.2015. So, I just used a Sunday date in Sept. as a test with different departure times. Is the first train 6 AM? Nothing earlier popped up no matter what time I chose for departure. My husband is a type A so we always allow way more time than we have ever needed but I'm ok with that.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

No, 6 AM is the earliest. You can expect the schedules to be pretty much the same next November. Three hours at the airport is plenty for me, and I drive my friend nuts by wanting to get to the airport early. Your alternative would be to stay in Osaka or Kyoto, or at the airport: kansai-airport.or.jp/en/…index.html There are inexpensive business hotels around Shin-Osaka station.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,271 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

I'd take a late night train from Hiroshima the night before, and stay close to the airport.

8. Re: Hiroshima to KIX train time and schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hiroshima