We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

Which Kobe hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Gold Coast
Level Contributor
15 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

I have searched the forums but have not found the answer suitable for me.

Arriving Cunard 19th March into Kobe. Have flight from Kansai at 9pm the same evening as arrival. Cunard not doing any airport transfers that i have found, have asked Cunard no reply so far. Tried to book a shuttle with TK shuttle but they no longer allow you to set a time for pick-up or even an hour and will only allow you book a shuttle from the port if you have a Japanese land line telephone as they can call you on the previous evening to inform you of the time for pick-up. A little crazy that, I think.

They did offer to do us a metered taxi which of course will be $250 - $350 US, a little expensive I feel. I hate being ripped off, with the tag "how to fleece a tourist".

Any local ideas would be helpful, I have found the option of going to a nearby station by taxi and then catching a shuttle bus to Kobe Airport and then taking another shuttle bus from there. Is there not a more direct route, as lugging two suitcases and carrying hand luggage is not going to be an easy option after a long cruise.

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,707 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

>>>They did offer to do us a metered taxi which of course will be $250 - $350 US, a little expensive I feel. I hate being ripped off, with the tag "how to fleece a tourist".<<

Japan is a super civilized country and In general, tourists don't get ripped off. A taxi from Kobe to KIX does cost ~250USD for everybody:

kansai-airport.or.jp/en/…index.html

In your case, get a taxi to Kobe Sannomiya Station (~800yen) and take a limobus to KIX:

kate.co.jp/pc/e_time_table/e_kobe_tt.html#for

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
49,430 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

The drive from the port to KIX is over 70km, taking close to 90 minutes. Therefore, the taxi fare isn't exactly expensive.

Anyway, unless you have mobility issues or tons of luggage, do as Shibuyakko suggested and take the limobus from Sannomiya.

Orlando, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

We will be arriving at the Port on April 26 2014. Need bus or limobus to a hotel near the KIX Airport. Our departure from KIX is 4/27 at 9:30 PM. Any ideas on cost etc? Also looking for a local tour or ferry trip the morning of 4/27. Thoughts???

Nick

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,910 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

Why do you want to stay by KIX if your flight isn't until the next evening?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298562-i1604-k609…

Orlando, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

I have no rational answer except it might be easier get to KIX the next day. We will have one large pull bag and two small pull bags. Thought about staying in the Port area and getting transport the next PM.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
23,877 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

As for Kobe Port to Kyoto: take the train to Kyoto. Port Liner new transport system to Sannomiya, then JR Shinkaisoku Special Rapid to Kyoto. Easy, ecological, and economical.

As for the flight next day from KIX, I suggest taking the train to Osaka. Port Liner new transport to Sannomiya, then Hanshin Railway Rapid to Osaka Namba. Stay around Osaka Namba, and explore the city, or visit Nara next day. Keep your luggage at your hotel reception. After the day, pick up your luggage, take the Nanaki Rap:t train from Nankai Namba station or limobus from OCAT (Osaka City Air Terminal), and fly out from KIX.

No need to rely on cars, although a short taxi ride won't be a bad idea. It could be silly though if you take taxi from Kobe Airport to Kyoto or Kobe Airport or Osaka City to KIX without knowing the distance and the costs.

The Japanese are not interested in sneaking out more money from foreigners just temporarily.

Edited: 02 February 2014, 22:59
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
44,910 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

Access options to KIX - www.kansai-airport.or.jp/en/access/index.html

Japan
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

You might take a look at the ferry that moves people and luggage between KIX and Kobe: kansai-airport.or.jp/en/…index.html

I've used this service before and found it very convenient.

Orlando, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

Thanks to everyone for your input. I might need more info in the coming days.

Orlando, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Kobe Cruise Terminal to Kansai Airport KIX

We decided to stay at the Hotel Universal Port. Our ship will be berthed at the Tempozan Pier #3. After leaving the Int'l Cruise Terminal what is the best method to get to the Hotel. I believe the address is 1-1-111 Sakurajima, Konohana Ku, Osaka. The Ship arrives Tuesday April, 29th.

Get answers to your questions about Kobe