We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six days in Japan need help

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Topic
Six days in Japan need help

Hi There,

We're planning to travel Tokyo next year in June..Need help to organise my plan...

DAY1 Wednesday- arrive at 3pm at Narita, go to hotel, dinner, walk around city...

DAY2 Thurs-Tokyo(Need to know should we do any tour hip hop bus or just explore ourself...Which major places we should go for the whole day)

DAY 3 Fri-Tokyo(What we can cover this full day basically 2 full days in Tokyo how we can fill to see must see things)

DAY4 Saturday morning-take train to Kyoto...Which time will be better?..If we take 9 or 10am train by the time we'll arrive Kyoto it will be afternoon what we can do for that half day?...Where we should go for that half day?...

DAY5 Sunday-We're planning to go to Hiroshima/Miyajima in the evening back to Kyoto...

DAY6 Monday- Whole day in Kyoto(What we should explore for this whole day in Kyoto)

Day 7 we'll catch the train frm Kyoto to Tokyo...

Now please let me know should we spend whole 2 and half day in Kyoto and skip Hiroshima/Miyajima....Or 1 and 1/2 day will be enough for Kyoto????

I would really appreciate if you can help me to oraganise my trip.

Thanks.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Six days in Japan need help

You didn't say anything about your demographic, preferences, requirements, budget, etc. A budget-minded 20-something is going to have a totally different set of requirements from a financially-independent 40-something, etc.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Six days in Japan need help

Interested to explore traditional Japan...Budget not very expensive not cheap..

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,402 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six days in Japan need help

The easiest way to understand what you want to see is to look through a guide book or look at good travel websites for Japan. One of the best and easiest to understand is Japan Guide:

http://www.japan-guide.com

With just two full days in Tokyo, you should focus your time on the city instead of venturing beyond. For your trip from Tokyo to Kyoto, going as early as possible gives you more time on your first day. Trains are running by 6am so you can get to Kyoto by 9am. Choose a time that you can handle in the morning.

Whether you decide to go to Hiroshima/Miyajima or stay in Kyoto is only something you can decide based on your preferences.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Six days in Japan need help

Thanks for ur reponse...Absolutely understand 2 full days in Tokyo we'll explore only Tokyo...Please let me know should we take one day tour hip and hop bus or 2 days we can do ourself?...Can you recommend what r the must things to see and how we can cover in 2 days?...

Kyoto is there much to see so we can keep all the time for Kyoto and skip H/M?....Or we can explore H/M if we go early train to Kyoto?...

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
50,402 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Six days in Japan need help

Again, for must-see's, you have to decide for yourself. Your interests and my interests might be different. For example, a lot of pople like Tsukiji Fish Market, but some people cannot stand the fish smell so it's your decision whether you go to visit.

In two days though, you can cover most of the major sights in Tokyo. The subway and train networks are fantastic that you don't necessarily need the HoHo bus.

See Japan Guide's Tokyo page for user ratings and introduction:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2164.html

If you see all the major sights in Kyoto you can easily spend two to three days there. On the other hand, Kyoto has a lot of temples so they might look too similar to some after a day or two. Again, it's your call.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Six days in Japan need help

Thanks for your quick response..Helped me a lot.

Tokyo, SanDiego
Level Contributor
400 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Six days in Japan need help

If you have only 2&1/2 days in Kyoto, you should stay there and skip H/M. Maybe you can go to Nara 1/2 day, especially if you have kids with you. Adding H/M is too rush. You'll miss a lot in Kyoto.

Some people go to too many places in a short time so they can say they've been there and done that, others do it to put more milage on the JR Pass. But in my opinion, it's better to concentrate your time in Kyoto.

Aoyama Dori and San...
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Six days in Japan need help

I would definitely recommend Nara, at least for the deer. It's amazing how they interact with people like it is one big petting zoo.

houston
Level Contributor
1,235 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Six days in Japan need help

Thanks ya'll...Really want to see Miyajima but I think for this short time period better to stay in Kyoto...

Calgary
Level Contributor
395 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Six days in Japan need help

You will not regret staying in Kyoto. There's a lot to see in the city itself as well as around it, like Nara, for example.