We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast Best Western

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Breakfast Best Western

Hi we are booked into the Best Western for a week in April, but breakfast is not included.

Dose anyone know of a place to eat breakfast (preferably Western) in an area near the hotel.

Thanks

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast Best Western

I'm planning to stay there in June, so I'd be interested in what you try and how you found it. There seems to be a dining area in the hotel, and I've also noticed on Google Streetview a Starbucks down the street.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,211 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast Best Western

You can go to the Dotour coffee shop with good sandwiches and coffee.

ドトールコーヒーショップ 京都新京極三条店

http://www.doutor.co.jp/dcs/menu/

It's open from 07:30 on the weekdays, from 08:00 on weekends.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast Best Western

Thank you, i will try and find this store, its good that its open early.

We love Japanese food, but i like a simple toast and coffee breakfast.

Starbucks might be good to if they open early. Ill post when we return.

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast Best Western

You may not be easy to find a couple of coffee shop in narrow alley in Kyoto;

http://goo.gl/maps/mBO3d

B point is the place Doutor is located.

Starbucks is located at J point.

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast Best Western

i am sorry google changed the point B in my map!

Doutor coffee shop is right next to Novix kyoto building.

I did not know Best Western Kyoto. It looks like a brand new hotel. there are a lot of Japanese restaurants for your dinner around there, particularly Kiyamachi-Dori with a small river in the middle, and Pontocho-Alley. However I do not see a full breakfast restaurant.

Please enjoy.

Australia
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast Best Western

We have just returned from Kyoto were we stayed at the Best Western. It is down a little ally way and took us a while to find it. Its easier if you get of the bus or taxi at the LOFT store and walk down the ally. BW is a new hotel and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was not included with our deal but you can purchase it there when you arrive i think it was about 2000 yen each. However there is a Starbucks on the corner (out the hotel turn right) open at 7.30am or we walked to Gourmet City the stores to the left of Starbucks, and purchased Breakfast cereal in a box ,carton of milk, strawberries, bananas, yoghurt and a fruit pastry for 1000 yen. This lasted 4 days with us re purchasing the pastry each evening before going back to the hotel.

The hotel is in a great location, (out the door turn right 1 min walk) and you are in a hugh covered mall with lanes going all over the place, easy to get lost. As you enter the mall area turn left and walk until you come to a crossway (look at the ceiling it should be strips of colored glass) this is the Nishki Markets open until 5pm.

It is full of food and fish and interesting things on a stick hmmm. The covered mall areas have lots of restaurants for you to eat in and theres even KFC for those who are not so adventures McDonalds is about a 10 min walk from the hotel, but we had Japanese food each night . Theres a great restaurant just next to the hotel in the ally, set menus. The temple district is only a 15 min easy walk from BW. Would definitely stay there again.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
4,952 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast Best Western

Another place for breakfast in this area is the Sizuya bakery on Kawaramachi Dori just north of Sanjo arcade. It opens at 7am which is great if you want an early start. You can either select from the bakery items and get coffee or tea to eat in, or they do morning sets which I found a bit uninspiring. My recommendation is to choose from the bakery items.

Also, if you're wanting really good coffee in this area, Ogawa Coffee in the Sanjo arcade is great.

8. Re: Breakfast Best Western

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2014, 05:16