We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto trip in June 2013

Singapore, Singapore
6 posts
Save Topic
Kyoto trip in June 2013

Dear all,

I have a 'sudden' holiday from June 11-15, 2013 and would like to go to Kyoto with my wife and 2 years old daughter. I know time is very tight for me. Any advice? 4 days is it enough?

thank you for your reading

Chan

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,124 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto trip in June 2013

Four days is fine, if you just restrict yourselves to Kyoto and Nara (and Osaka's Dotombori in the evening after Nara day). It won't be enough if you want to go to places like USJ in Osaka.

Day 1 arrival: KIX to Kyoto by Haruka (Haruka+ICOCA deal). Visit Higashiyama area.

Day 2 Kinkakuji, Nijo Castle, and Nishiki Market.

Day 3 Fushimi Inari, Nara Park and Todaiji. Evening shopping around Namba and dining in Dotombori. Back to Kyoto before midnight.

Day 4 Arashiyama area. Train to KIX from Kyoto and fly home.

If you won't have a full day on Day 4, go to Arashiyama on Day 2 and perhaps visit Nishiki Market on day 4 before you leave.

Edited: 20 May 2013, 09:05
Kirkland, Washington
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyoto trip in June 2013

4 days is enough in Kyoto. All depends on how many places you want to go while in town with your wife and daughter.

When we went to Kiyomizu-dera on May 10, it was super packed. It took our taxi more than 5-8 mins to move just the last 2-3 blocks from temple. We were trying to ask the taxi driver just let us get off right away but it was hard with language barrier. The entire area was packed with visitors, locals and students. Every shop was packed you can hardly see things. Taking a pic without anyone in the background is impossible.

We hit Fushimi Shrine on May 11, less crowded but rainy, taking pictures were easier but not as many shops to buy souvenirs.

I am trying to say is don't pack your itinerary with too many places, Kyoto is quite big and require train/bus to get to those spots. Unless you are not first timer to Kyoto, you can't get in and out at each spots although you don't plan to stay long there.

3. Re: Kyoto trip in June 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 06:18