We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

Singapore
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

HI, may i know what kind of weather should i expect in kyoto / Osaka area? I'll be travelling between 13th - 21st Sept 2013

Someone told me its still going to be hot n humid, whereas some said it will be cool.. How about chances of rain? what would be a general percentage during this september period?

It will be most helpful if people who are familiar in kyoto n Osaka area can give me advice ?

Thanks..

Ryan

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,247 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

It can be still relatively hot and humid in the beginning but a lot cooler than mid-Summer (around this time of year, in July). 24.1 degrees Celsius in average at daytime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyoto

Kyoto's Myorenji in mid-Spetemer

…kyoto.jp/visitkyoto/…

Never knew before, and never been there, but this temple stores the hairs of 47 Ako Ronins in collective tomb.

https:/…Forty-seven_Ronin

It might rain on some days, at some hours of the day, and I always recommend bringing or buying an umbrella with you. Not particularly a rainy season though. According to known records, typhoons might approach 1.0 times to the Kinki (a bit larger concept than Kansai) Region during 30 days of September on average, but no data is available on the probability of that typhoon actually hitting the Region. Simply, it would be a nice time to come.

Edited: 31 July 2013, 14:17
Singapore
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

Hi Yobeekool, thanks.. 24 degree celsius is still not too bad.. Thats great to hear..

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
234 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

I too will be going to Kyoto/Osaka in End November. can anyone advice what is the average temperature? Also, like to know what time is the sunrise and sunset,, what time is the shop and tourist attraction place will close.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,362 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

Read this article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298564-s208/Kyoto:Ja…

0645 for sunrise, 1646 for sunset, both on Nov 30 2013 Kyoto.

Well-known temples get closed at around 1600, buffer zone being 1530-1600. So when pressed for time, (depening on where you hit), you'd need to be somewhere in the former half of that 30-min timeframe at the latest, should you squeeze youself in...

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
234 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

Thanks. How about the temperature at End November. any snow?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

I think Kyoto hardly snow. Perhaps Jan or Feb may see a few snowfalls but they usually melt by midday. End Nov will NOT snow

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
53,598 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

Kyoto does see some snowfall but certainly nothing significant. I was at Kinkakuji early December one year when it started to snow which became quite picturesque, but snow around that time was the exception rather than the rule.

For information on average temperatures, you can check the better weather websites.

Seremban, Malaysia
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

I'm going to Kyoto/Osaka this Sept 13th, 2014. can anyone advice what's the average temperature? :)

9. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 11:06
Edited: 09 May 2014, 11:06
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,247 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: September weather in Kyoto / Osaka

Average temperature of Kyoto (practically identical with temperature in Osaka):

https://translate.google.com/translate…

[Also, click on the 日最高気温 tab on the above page to know the average highest temperature]

Edited: 09 May 2014, 11:07