We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please confirm my understanding.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Please confirm my understanding.

Am I right that if I will to buy a Kansai Area pass that will allow me to unlimited travel from Kyoto to Nara,Hiroshma and Osaka and also allow me to travel to Kansai airport from Kyoto for departure?

If so, do I have to buy it before arriving at Haneda?

Thank you

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,342 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

Hiroshima is well out of the Kansai Region and naturally the JR West Kansai Area Pass does not cover the western Sanyo Region afar (Hiroshima is about 340km west from Osaka; the Shinkansen will take you there in 90 minutes though). You should consider JR West Sanyo Area Pass instead.

https:/…

Edited: 13 April 2014, 09:14
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,342 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

Please read the conditions mentioned in the above linked official website. While it entitles you unlimited travel on JR trains within the valid area (does not include the JR Central Tokaido Shinkansen from Tokyo/Shinagawa to Kyoto and Shin-Osaka or the non-JR railways within the Kansai Region like Kintetsu, Keihan, Hankyu and Osaka/Kyoto City Subway).

If you use the Pass appropriately, for JR train travels on JR West Sanyo Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Hiroshima, JR Sanyo Line (Hiroshima-Miyajimaguchi), JR Nara Line (Kyoto-JR Nara), JR Yamatoji (aka Kansai) Line (JR Nara-JR Osaka), JR Tokaido (aka Kyoto) Line (Kyoto-JR Osaka), and JR Ltd Exp Haruka between Kyoto and Kansai Airport, the Pass is good value.

Edited: 13 April 2014, 09:21
Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

Hi there

If you are considering travelling in Kyoto, Osaka, Nara & Hiroshima, you should purchase the JR West Sanyo Area Pass which allows for unlimited rides on all JR lines and Shinkansen (except one or two type of Shinkansen).

I purchased a 4-day pass during my visit to the region in Mar 2013. I used it to travel to Kobe, Hiroshima and back to Osaka. You can read more details of my travel here :

…wordpress.com/2013/…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

According to my finding a 4 days Sanyo Area pass cost $A215, a 7 days JR Pass cost $A297 because we also need to travel from Tokyo to Kyoto which is going to cost $A142, I think buying a 7 days JR pass is more worthwhile for us.

Am I right??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,210 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

Yes you are right. Full week JR pass is better for you.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
569 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

Thank you everyone for helping me decide on this matter.

7. Re: Please confirm my understanding.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2015, 05:16