We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kyoto-centrally located deluxe hotel

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
1 post
Save Topic
Kyoto-centrally located deluxe hotel

Hi, New at this. Does anyone know of a really nice modern hotel in Kyoto thats centrally located, within walking distance of restaurants and somewhat active in the evening?

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kyoto-centrally located deluxe hotel

The Westin Miyako is fantastic. There is a subway stop just outside the hotel grounds, and the hotel operates a free shuttle service to the main train station by way of the Shijo shopping district (Kyoto's "downtown," where major department stores and many more shops are situated.) In the immediate vicinity you'll find some art galleries and comfortable neighborhood-type restaurants. For sightseeing, you'd be almost directly opposite Nanzenji and the start of the Philosopher's Walk as well as a few minutes away from the Heian shrine and the Kyoto Handicraft Center.

Other upscale, Western-style hotels are in Kyoto and have their own merits. But the Miyako is always "home base" for us when we visit.

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
6,209 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kyoto-centrally located deluxe hotel

I agree that the Miyako is good but the Rihga Royal is nearly as good and quite a bit cheaper. I have also stayed at the overpriced Brighton and the second rate Tokyu.

Unfortunately, I have never found a hotel in Kyoto to compare to the New Otani in Osaka.

Bil
Australia
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kyoto-centrally located deluxe hotel

I would recommend the Rhiga Royal...central and so relaxing

Regards

Bill