We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Koyasan world heritage pass question

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
385 reviews
Save Topic
Koyasan world heritage pass question

I've noticed this pass mentioned for the trip to Koyasan from Osaka, however we will be coming from Kyoto to Koyasan and returning from Koyasan to Osaka.

Can we still get this pass, and pay the extra from Kyoto to Osaka (since I presume I need to go via Osaka on the way out anyway? It works out a fair bit cheaper than point to point tickets.

Thanks in advance :)

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
22,881 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Koyasan world heritage pass question

>>>Can we still get this pass, and pay the extra from Kyoto to Osaka <<<

Of course, you can. Get to Namba, Osaka and buy the pass at Nankai Namba Station. If you're starting from Kyoto Station, take the JR Rapid (Shin-Kaisoku) to Osaka Station and transfer to the Midosuji subway Line to Namba. Note that Midosuji station is called Umeda but it's right next to Osaka Station.

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
810 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Koyasan world heritage pass question

We did exactly as suggested above with the whole trip from Kyoto to Koyasan taking about 3 hours with changes, finding Nanakai Namba station ( in the Namba complex) and purchasing the pass. We only had a backpack each for overnight having forwarded our luggage from Kyoto to our next hotel, making it much easier to get around.

3. Re: Koyasan world heritage pass question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 06:16