We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

Which Kyoto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

We will have a bus pass for the day, how do we get from Nishiki Market to Kiyomizudera?

Thank you.

Hadano, Japan
Level Contributor
3,376 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

It seems most convenient by bus No. 207, to go to Shimizu-michi (清水道)from Shijo-kawaramachi(四条河原町).

However, bus to congestion, especially the time of autumnal leaves and cherry blossoms.

It also crowded commuting time of the morning or evening.

It seems to go 40 minutes in the position (without a break) and walk.

This is the latest timetable.

…kyoto.jp/kotsu/busdia/hyperdia/073227.htm

There is a possibility of change to be a fall or next year.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 05:47
Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
24,025 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

Unless you have walking difficulties, I suggest walking. Nishiki Market - Shijo-Kawaramachi - Shijo Bridge - (perhaps a detour to Shirakawa Area in Gion) - Yasaka Shrine - Maruyama Park - Kodaiji - Ninenzaka - Sannenzaka - Kiyomizudera.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 07:03
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
377 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

Thank you haro1210 and Yobeekool.

After reading about traffic congestion in central Kyoto during the autumn peak period, I'm re-tweaking our itinerary to use the subway as much as possible, but Kiyomizu and Kinkakuji are not near subway lines. Aside from walking from Nishiki to Kiyomizudera via Gion, an alternative is to take the bus early in the morning, about 7am, from Kyoto station to Kiyomizu-michi, will traffic be already bad by 7am?

Also visiting Kinkakuji, have a choice of taking the morning RAKU bus from Kyoto station to Kinkakuji at 8am or taking the bus at 2pm after visiting Nijo castle.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 10:37
Hadano, Japan
Level Contributor
3,376 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

Maybe, I think it's okay if 7:00 in the morning.

I think 8:00 table on weekdays to congestion.

I had the wrong name of the bus stop.

Kiyomizu-michi is correct.

Kyoto, Japan
Level Contributor
1,681 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

If you walk to Shijo-Kawaramachi, it will be OK to catch #207 Kyoto City Bus. The short cut is;

Shijo Takakura bus stop in front of Mizdzuho Bank on Shijo Street.

http://goo.gl/gEHQLY

if you go through to Nishiki-Tenmangu Shrine on Nishiki Street, another bus stop is available at Kawaramachi:

http://goo.gl/m3qy9a

Folks, you may not know Kyoto City has made a new bus line / subway route locator in web:

www.arukumachikyoto.jp/index.php?lang=en

However, typing of Bus Stop / Station name is not very flexible: choose one in the pull down column in English, exactly Roman.

Our roman spelling is sometimes strange for native English speakers even though Roman was invented by the American professor, James Curtis Hepburn. According to Wikipedia; He lived in Yokohama from 1859 through 1893. It is unfortunate his house is no more existing, with reconstruction change to the modern building for Yokohama Naka Tax Office. Only a small monument situated in front of the building. Katharine Hepburn, four time Oscar actress was his relatives. How do I know? She was in early 20th century. It is confusing with Audrey Hepburn.

6. Re: Nishiki market to Kiyomizudera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2015, 06:16