We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private guide recommendation

washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
232 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Private guide recommendation

Hello. My husband and I will be in Kyoto in late October. We would like to hire a private guide (possibly with driver) to make the most of our 3 days there.

I know that this question has been posed before, but I'm trying to get an update. Any names and e-mail addresses of excellent guides would be most appreciated!

Thanks!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private guide recommendation

There was an article in the NYT a few weeks ago about Kyoto, and they mentioned the guide and driver they used. We have been in touch with him, and are planning to use his service when we travel to Kyoto in November. nytimes.com/2014/…

Hope that helps! Have a great trip!

washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
232 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private guide recommendation

Thanks so much for your reply. Just read the article and I'm going to check out Mr. Yoshida's availability. I hope you also have a wonderful trip!

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
169 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private guide recommendation

You know - I also realized that the group we are using in Tokyo has a guide in Kyoto.

http://www.thebackstreetguides.com

They have been really helpful in setting up a tour for us in Tokyo, so you might want to inquire about Kyoto! I will, too!

4. Re: Private guide recommendation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2015, 06:18