We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which ticket should I purchase?

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
Which ticket should I purchase?

I will be visiting Osaka in Sep with my family for around 2 days. I saw many different types of day passes available and is unsure which to choose.

1. Osaka Unlimited Pass (One-Day Pass, Two-Day Pass)

1 day: 2000yen

2 day: 2700yen

Unlimited use of trains and buses in Osaka City and neighboring areas, admission to 24 popular sightseeing facilities.

2. One-Day Pass and No-My-Car-Day Pass

850yen

Unlimited number of trips on Osaka's subways, the New Tram, and buses on the day of use.

3. Rainbow Card (Prepaid card)

These card are only be use on local subways, is Suica/Pasmo available for sale and use in Osaka and Kyoto too?

Singapore
Level Contributor
249 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

Hi,

The pass really depends on how extensive and what form of transport are you travelling.

If you are not doing much travelling, getting per trip ticket will be more worthwhile.

If you are travelling from Kansai Airport to Osaka, you will need a Kansai Thru Pass which covers transport between Kansai Airport and Osaka.

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_005.html

Cheers!

Bernard

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
65 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

Hi can someone help me too? I'm staying near this subway Ashiya JR (JR Kobe Line)/ Ashiyagawa Hankyu (Hankyu-Kobe Line)

and my plan is to take day trips down to Osaka

1. Shinsaibashi/Hozenji-Yokocho (day 1)

2. Universal Studios (day 2)

3. Osaka Castle/ Tsurumi Ryokuchi Park (day 3)

4. Namba/ osaka Aquarium (day 4)

5. day 5-6 will be out driving with my fren

6. day 7 probably some last minute shopping around namba area before heading home on day 8

do you have any idea which pass is best? is it the passport?

thank you!!

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

You'll possibly be in the red; no, you can't save much with your pass, unless you travel fairly extensively... BTW, there's no subways around Ashiya, ground-level railways only: JR, Hankyu and Hanshin. The way I see it, you are likely to ride either JR or Hankyu when you hit Osaka. I lived near the Shukugawa area, which is one stop away from Hankyu Ashiyagawa, while I was a high school senior, so I know darn well how you'll use trains down there. FYI, one-way fares are 290(JR Ashiya-JR Osaka), 270(Hankyu Ashiyagawa-Hankyu Umeda) and 230(Subway Umeda-Subway Namba). A pre-paid card like ICOCA, the counterpart to SUICA, available in all the JR stations in the area you stay / visit, will be quite handy to you, I guess. Yes, ICOCA(ee-koh-kah, meaning literally "why don't we go?" in the Kansai dialect)will really be a boon for any locals / tourists wanting to sorta commute on JR, non-JR, or the subway line right here. Alas, you can't make the best use of it in Kyoto: buses running there are still anti-ICOCA...

Singapore
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

Can ICOCA be used on non-JR trains as well? As the hotel we planned to stay in is near Higobashi and Awaza Station.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

As of March, it can. You can go anywhere inside Osaka with ICOCA.

Nara, Japan
Destination Expert
for Nara, Kamikochi
Level Contributor
8,191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

Meant March last year. Thank you.

7. Re: Which ticket should I purchase?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 23:18