We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Miyajima from Osaka

Which Osaka hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne Australia
1 post
Save Topic
To Miyajima from Osaka

I was just wondering how i can get from Miyajima from Osaka and what transports i have to take. Also how long will it take me and how many hours or days would i need to stay there before making my way back to Osaka.

Thanks

tokyo
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
4,569 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: To Miyajima from Osaka

There are many many ways.

First you need to get to Hiroshima from Osaka, there are many ways detailed on the Japan-guide page here:

(Select to/from OSAKA)

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3404.html

Then read this page from Hiroshima to Miyajima:

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e3454.html

How long you should stay or what you should do is up to you and your interests. Read the japan-guide page on Miyajima and see what is interesting for you.

Edited: 24 September 2011, 04:49
Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To Miyajima from Osaka

Hi there I can guide you from Hiroshima station. Take the #2 cable car and go to the end of the line (takes about an hour). From here take the ferry to the island which is about 10 mins. If you left osaka early enough you could go to Miyajima first and then take the same cable car back and get of at the atomic dome park where you would certainly have time to visit the museum and walk round the park to see some of the many monuments dedicated to the tragedy. If you are going to go all that way it would be a pity not to fit it into your itinerary and you could in theory do both on the same day and still get back to the station for a train back to osaka.

have a great day

angie

www.angietravels.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To Miyajima from Osaka

You shouldn't miss the Daisho-In temple in Miyajima, it's wonderful

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
23,477 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To Miyajima from Osaka

The fastest way is to take the Shinkansen from Shin-Osaka to Hiroshima, transfer to the JR Sanyo Line to Miyajima-guchi then take the ferry. I would not take the tram (referred to as the #2 cable car by angie) because it takes much longer than the JR train.

You can do Hiroshima as a day trip or spend a night there. I think more than one night is too long since there is not much to do in Miyajima at night.

As mentioned, Daisho-in is a great temple. Don't miss it.

5. Re: To Miyajima from Osaka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 00:20