We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kintetsu Rail Pass

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
870 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Kintetsu Rail Pass

We have just finished using a Kintetsu Rail Pass to travel from Osaka to Namba, around the Ise area and from Nagoya to Osaka. When I was investigating it I could not find much information so thought I would post some for others who might need it. I purchased the exchange order in Australia through Kintetsu travel Melbourne, with everything handled online. We then took the voucher to Kintetsu Namba station where we had no trouble exchanging it for the actual pass.

Owings Mills...
6 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

Thanks. this is very helpful for our upcoming trip as well!

Owings Mills...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

Thanks! the information is very helpful for our upcoming trip. I was told to use the JR bullet train to get around, but it sounds like there are other 'bullet' train options.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
8,156 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

JR and Kintetsu are good competitors between Nagoya and Osaka.

JR Shinkansen is faster and more expensive. One and a quarter hour and 6500yen.

Kintetsu LTD Exp is cheaper. 2 hours and 4150yen.

It's possible to reserve seats on both train.

Edited: 23 April 2013, 16:56
Luzon, Philippines
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

Hi,

I am planning to buy Kintetsu Railway pass since I'll be having a trip that covers Osaka to Nagoya, how would I know that the stations are covered by the Kintetsu Rail pass? can I easily hop on/ride to the train stations from Osaka Namba to Kintetsu Nagoya witohut any restrictions? Does any train will do?

I do apologize, but I am having a confusion about the train stations in Japan, I'll be travelling solo. pls help me.

Thank you so much.

Tokyo, Japan
Level Contributor
4,559 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2357_006.html

kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/…rpw1-3.html

kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/…3-3-4.html

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
872 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

thank you so much for mentioning this here, i visit kintetsu website, they mentioned lots of other international seller for this pass, but does not mention australia, i almost want to friend in hongkong buy for me. by searching melboure travel agent, i found sydney agent too, it is only down the road of my apt.

i will fly from sydney to narita then transfer right into airport itami where they does not sell this pass, this pass can only be purchased overseas or at kansai airport osaka or nagoya airport.

thanks again.

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
870 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

Go to this site http://www.kintetsu.com.au/railpass.asp

There is an online application and payment form and you can pick the exchange coupons ( which you exchange for the actual pass at a Kintetsu station in Japan) up from the Sydney office or have them posted. You can also buy your Jrail pass through them if you need one.

Sydney Travel Centre

Address: Level 25, Citigroup Centre, 2 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000

Phone: 02-8251-3300

Fax: 02-8251-3373

Email: sydout@kintetsu.com.au

Melbourne Travel Centre

Address: Level 6, 230 Collins Street, Melbourne Victoria 3000

Phone: 03-9654-3320

Fax: 03-9650-9875

Email: melout@kintetsu.com.au

Edited: 30 January 2014, 10:12
Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
38 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

Hi, I'm very much interested in the pass, but, when I go through the webpage, I couldn't get a definite answer whether I can purchase the Kintetsu rail pass in Japan itself, ie. The Chubu Airport in Nagoya, anyone can help?

Melbourne,Australia
Level Contributor
870 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

I think you can only get it at Kansai airport in Japan and you need to show your passport. Why don't you buy the exchange voucher before you leave home?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,131 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kintetsu Rail Pass

You can buy the Regular version and Wide at Kansai..however, you can also buy the Wide Verison at the spots below

KINTETSU RAIL PASS wide can be purchased at the airport upon entering Japan.

It is available at KANSAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT at the "Kansai Airport Agency Travel Desk".

Opening hours: 7:00-22:00 (Japan time) and also

It is available at CENTRAL JAPAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT at the "MEITETSU TRAVEL PLAZA".

kintetsu.co.jp/foreign/…2