We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

Manila, Philippines
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

my family [ 4 adults ] will transfer to osaka from tokyo by train on april. please give me detailed direction from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel in osaka. i know there are lots of train lines in japan and different train categories and it gets so confusing everytime i read about them. that's why i want to ask for your personal advise regarding this. by the way, all 4 of us have 1 big luggage each. thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
59,149 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

Walk to Shinjuku station (3-4 minutes), take JR Yamanote Line to Shinagawa, change to Tokaido Shinkansen (Hikair train if you will be using a JR Pass, Nozomi train if you will be buying a one-way ticket) to Shin-Osaka, change to Midosuji subway line (not run by JR) to Namba. Walk to your hotel (7-8 minutes).

Avoid doing the above during weekday rush hour so either leave Shinjuku very early (before 7:30am) or somewhat late (after 9:00am) so you have an easier time walking through stations. If your large bags don't fit in the overhead bin when traveling on Shinkansen, place them behind the last row of seats of the carriage. Theft is almost non-existent.

You can use luggage forwarding service as well to send your bags from Sunroute to Dotonbori Hotel. The cost is around 1,600 to 2,000 Yen per piece depending on bag size. Allow next day delivery.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Shinagawa
Shinagawa
Tokyo, Japan
Tokaido Shinkansen
Tokaido Shinkansen
870 Reviews
Osaka, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Midosuji Hotel
Midosuji Hotel
172 Reviews
Osaka, Japan
Dotonbori Hotel
Dotonbori Hotel
691 Reviews
Osaka, Japan
Manila, Philippines
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

thank you sammyfloyd. do i have to purchase the train tickets for our transfers on each station? is there any direct train from shinjuku station to shin osaka?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
24,649 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

>> is there any direct train from shinjuku station to shin osaka?

No. Please use www.hyperdia.com

Tickets may(and should) be purchased at Shinjuku so you don't have to pay extra for the Shinjuku - Shinagawa segment.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Shinagawa
Shinagawa
Tokyo, Japan
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
27,072 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

There is no direct train from Shinjuku to Shin-Osaka. You'll buy a JR base fare ticket and Shinkansen supplement ticket at Shinjuku. When you get to Shin-Osaka, you'll have buy a ticket for the Midosuji subway.

Mentioned in this post
Shinjuku
Shinjuku
Tokyo, Japan
Osaka
Osaka
Osaka Prefecture, Japan
Midosuji Hotel
Midosuji Hotel
172 Reviews
Osaka, Japan
Manila, Philippines
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

now i understand clearly. thank you for all the information sammyfloyd, bibimbop, shibuyakko and to tripadvisor. your forum is always a big help to me everytime i travel with my family.

6. Re: transfer from hotel sunroute shinjuku to dotonbori hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:19