We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

London
Level Contributor
101 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

Hi Maic, mkiaratravel and m2006 (and all others who helped me).... remember my thread some time ago re choosing where to stay, :)

So far, the people at the Hilton have been amazing..so helpful, so accomodating. Unfortunately I have a slight problem though - we had Senses booked, but have only just discovered it's closed on Sundays, so now we need to change the restaurant.

Im looking at either Chynna or Iketeru (I want to keep it within the Hilton, partly because they're arranging some extra touches in the room while we're eating, and partly because theyve been amazing so far and i want to spend my money in their hotel) .

I cant decide between the two, the food in both sounds great and we love Japanese and Chinese, so I'm wondering which you think is the better restaurant, not only in terms of food but how they both rate as being somewhere special to eat. Whichever is the closest to senses in terms of environment and quality of food i guess.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and i promise to post when we return to let you know how it goes, and also post lots of pics of their lifestyle suite, since there aren't many pics of it on the web ;)

London
Level Contributor
101 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

and if you know where i can find more photos of either restaurant, that would be cool too :)

www.discoverkl.com
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

I thot Chynna was the more impressive of the two you mentioned. The Japanese food at Iketaru seem like the typical Japanese. First impressions are great great with a welcoming drink of tea of poured from a tea pot with a spout that is more than 2 feet long.

The other Japanese restaurants which are highly regarded in KL are Wasabi Bistro in Mandarin Oriental and Waraku in Jalan Stoner(in a stand alone building in KLCC area). But a great restaurant which is even better than Senses is Cilantro in Micasa. You can read about this fine fusion in the restaurant guide at www.discoverkl.com.. Bona appettite to you.

www.discoverkl.com
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

I thot Chynna was the more impressive of the two you mentioned. The Japanese food at Iketaru seem like the typical Japanese. First impressions are great great with a welcoming drink of tea of poured from a tea pot with a spout that is more than 2 feet long.

The other Japanese restaurants which are highly regarded in KL are Wasabi Bistro in Mandarin Oriental and Waraku in Jalan Stoner(in a stand alone building in KLCC area). But a great restaurant which is even better than Senses is Cilantro in Micasa. You can read about this fine fusion in the restaurant guide at www.discoverkl.com.. Bona appettite to you.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,984 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

Sorry, discoverkl, Cilantro is also a no-go as it is also closed on Sunday...

Now, on Iketeru. Iketeru has about 4 types of seating. You can sit at the tepanayi tables, which is quiet stylish and nice, you can sit at the general dining area, there are also special rooms if you manage to book them, or you can sit outside, by the pool side (providing weather allows).

However, the idea arrangement would be this -

Try to see if you can book the hot jacuzzi pavalion at the broadwalk. It is a special area around the hot jacuzzi that is exceedingly romantic and private. You can order food from Iketeru which is like 1 minute away. If you look at the photos of the broadwalk resturant with the link below, it is the one that shows a pool full of rose petals.

kl-studio.com/images/184x289_boardwalk.jpg

Short of that, you can still sit at broadwalk, its still nice, and order from Iketeru, but ask ahead of time in case they change the rules.

If weather is bad and you cannot sit outside, I think I'll go for Chynna too. I think it has a very classy atmosphere as well.

More pictures and info can be had below -

http://www.kl-studio.com/

5. Re: Restaurant Advice - Chynna and Iketeru @ Hilton KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 23:19