We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traders or Parkroyal?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Topic
Traders or Parkroyal?

Hi

They both seem similar priced. I'm not sure how far Traders is from Bukit Bintang.

Which hotel would be better in terms of comfort and location overall?

Regards

David

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,545 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traders or Parkroyal?

Traders is newer and "near" KLCC (to me its still quiet a walk).

Parkroyal is just off Bukit Bintang and right in the shopping belt.

I pick Park Royal for its location.

Tokelau
Level Contributor
35 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traders or Parkroyal?

Hi deyveed

Park Royal to me is an old hotel. Traders is just next door to the Petronas Twin Towers and it is new with some nice gardens (you can go for a walk). I would go for Traders. It also has a pool bar with a nice view.

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,588 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traders or Parkroyal?

TRADERS

and don't need to walk as they run a free buggy service to Petronas/Suria

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Traders or Parkroyal?

Hi David, on the cue of location, Grand Park Royal will be better,and it has also been refurbished. location wise, particularly close to monorail,for you to move around, is definitely Grand PArk Royal.

As you have also asked, Traders is around 10-13minutes distant by walking to Bukit Bintang,where by now, I should think you can use the walkway just after Menara Hong Leong/Novotel Hydro Majestic Hotel, to bring you into Pavilion shopping mall,and onwards to Bukit Bintang area.

For convenience of myriad choices of eateries, Grand ParkRoyal is certainly notches up of Traders.

london
Level Contributor
60 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traders or Parkroyal?

Hi I have stayed at both - rooms in Parkroyal (if deluxe) are bigger but if you are partiularly sensitive to noise, ask for a room facing the back (not a nice view but you get some sleep). The views at Traders are generally better but further from the hub but nearer to KLCC where there are restaurants, food courts and shops.

j

6. Re: Traders or Parkroyal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 02:18