We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good dentist

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
good dentist

good day everyone

i`ll be returning to kl for 2 week visit in march.just wondering if anyone know any good dentist in kl?i was thinking of having general check up and teeth whitening done.any advice on the cost/where to go will be greatly appreciated!(good dentist only please:)

kind rgds

ratu

73 replies to this topic
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good dentist

This dentist is my personal dentist and he is really really good, but he is in the suburbs (Uptown) and not in KL City. (Maybe about 30 mins by cab)

Dr Leslie. Clinc number is +60377292286. Appointments are necessary. He is very very popular.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,165 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good dentist

There's a clinic called Twin Towers Medical Centre in KLCC (where the Petronas Twin towers are located) ... Datuk Dr Sharifah is the former Prime Minister's dentist ... my husband sees her too. She's apparently very good, thorough and explains the procedures. Charges about RM1,800 (AUD650) for laser teeth whitening and about RM150 (AUD50) for a general consult. Call for appointment: 23823500.

The dentist I see is in Bangsar Shopping Centre ... a cab ride from downtown KL would cost you no more than RM10 (AUD3). I've been seeing Dr Eugene Cheah since 1996 and he's pretty good ... he received his BDS from Adelaide Uni. He can be contacted at 2095 1102. His charges are slightly cheaper than Datuk Dr Sharifah but that doesn't mean he's no good.

You'd note that dental costs here are a fraction of that of Aus. Friends from both the UK and Aus have seen both dentists and they've been singing their praises.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good dentist

maic and julesb66,thanks alot for the suggestions.as i`ll be staying at MO,i`ll probably will give twin tower medical centre a go..thanks again!

xxratu

kl
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: good dentist

There's a Dr. Kua CS i consulted and he's very friendly and caring. He's a good listener and told me he does teeth whitening too....

his practice is in Damansara Heights, you can call his office 03-20951969 to make an appoinment for a consultation.

I've gotten my teeth quite sparkly clean thanks to him! no pain summore :)

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good dentist

hiya liew how are you if you dont mund me asking how much was the teeth whitening? thanks maggieomx

Australia
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: good dentist

I'll be travelling through malaysia this October,

and was hoping to get my Wisdom teeth removed there too.

i read this post, however the question was posted for general teeth hygiene. Does anyone know of a dental surgery in KL or a Dental Surgeon that they could recommend to me

Thanks

Amanda

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: good dentist

My previous suggestion still holds with regards to wisdom tooth removal.

However, from my experience, removing a wisdom tooth requires a lengthy stay here in KL, due to possible complications that may arise depending on how the wisdom tooth has to be removed.

I remembered for one my mine, the dentist had to cut through bone and it required followup visits to remove stiches..etc

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Pangkor
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good dentist

hiya does any one know have any ideas how much its to have a filling removed and replaced with a white one? thanks maggieomx

singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: good dentist

Hi all, I've got 2 good places I know in Bangsar. You can take taxi there all the way from KL or have a good little adventure- take train to stop at Bangsar station, then take taxi to any of these places (just 5 ~ 10 mins away). I recommend sending your query thru their sites or just call the numbers posted.

http://www.dentalpro.org/

http://www.dentalmatters.com/gotflash.html

The first one's my fav.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: good dentist

I am in shock just having been quoted for a crown in Australia -can anyone tell me the approximate cost of a crown in KL

Reply to: good dentist
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted