We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
72 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

I work at Perth airport and the first ever Air Asia flight out of Perth departed 2 hrs late today only to turn back almost straight away.

I arrived at work to see a LONG queue of passengers waiting to re-book flights or get taxi vouchers.

Not a great start!

Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

It actually left 5 hours late due to hydraulic probs so the poor people had to wait in departure lounge 5 hours plus the time they arrived early before their flight so up to 7 hours only to take off and have to come back :((

I feel sorry for Air Asia being its first flight as this can happen to all airlines and does happen all the time. The plane was a new series one too. I bet they supplied their best fleet to start off the KL perth run.

Fingers crossed my flight goes off ok this week.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Airasia had a Rm200 refund policy for flight delay if exceed 2 hours.

Did you people get your e refund voucher????

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

leopang,

So they don't give you cash, only voucher? If only voucher that means you probably have to use it within 3 months or so. Not too bad if you're using it travelling from one asian point to another as their flights are a lot cheaper than from Australia.

Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

I wasnt on the flight so no I didnt get the voucher. I fly out later this week :) Hope this flight will be alright.

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Just saw the news in Australia on Air Asia's 1st flight from Perth. They mentioned that they were giving full refunds, but no one has asked for one.

How can you ask for a refund if your flight is delayed and you're stuck in the lounge upstairs and can't go downstairs to the airline desks?

The Perth airport, there is not a lot of shops or anything once you've checked in upstairs. We're bringing our portable DVD player, so if any delays at least we can watch movies.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Hi

Airasia refund policy.

You must ask for refund if not "burnt"

Only e -voucher will be given for AA purchase within stipulated time limit,if not use up also "burnt"

And with e voucher you will be given a "reference number" for phone in purchase only.

God know when you will find a human to response to you , mean while your phone clock up the phone charges while you listen to a answering machine???

AA online do not had provision for" e voucher contra"

See the "CATCH" ?????

AA>>>Head I win tail you lose!!!!

It is only a budget carrier after all

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
437 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

My friend flew the inaugural KL- Perth flight via Air Asia early this morning and his flight was delayed by 6 hrs. What a great start!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Flown AA many times now and have been relatively impressed with value for money.

As an aircraft tech I am always happy with a pilot's decision to return if there is a mechanical problem with an aircraft.

Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Every airline has delays due to mechanical faults so its not restricted to low cost airlines.

Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Air Asia flight turns back from Perth

Didnt mean to sound mean just meant it unfortunately happens all the time at Perth . I know it must be awful for excited travellers getting their plans delayed and hanging around. I feel worse with the poor families with young children.