We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping as cheap as bangkok??

co. donegal
Level Contributor
334 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
shopping as cheap as bangkok??

hi the reason i ask this is that i fly home from here and wonder am i missin out on the bargains of bangkok or are they just as good here, im especially interested in badminton rackets

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shopping as cheap as bangkok??

If they're imported branded stuff, Bangkok tends to be dearer.

2. Re: shopping as cheap as bangkok??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2008, 13:04
No fixed abode
Level Contributor
13 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shopping as cheap as bangkok??

Funny how my experiences differ from the previous two.

I much preferred BK to KL, but can only comment on sporting goods, computer accessories and general travel kit.

Even in the sales at some of the big malls, "recognised" sports kit is vastly more expensive and you also run the risk of buying fakes- even at department stores you'll need to look closely at the labels. Mind you, that also holds true for BK!

I did most of my shopping in BK and compared to similar items in KL (sport shirts, branded trainers & shorts, ruck sack, computer mouse, laptop case and portable speakers to offer just a few examples) I saved a fortune, but you need to shop around to get the best bargains.

I'd have saved more if I'd bought an external hard drive in BK instead of KL as well. Hindsight, eh?

Either way, wherever you buy you can rest assured that it will be far, far cheaper than in mainland Europe.

4. Re: shopping as cheap as bangkok??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 02:19