We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
oldham
Level Contributor
954 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

Hi,does anyone know of a good hotel max £80 per night in KL that will allow check in at 8.00am?We are arriving at 6.30am on 18th march and will check out on the 19th march at approx 10.00 am ,don wish to pay for 2 nights.Either near airport or in town.Thanks.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,223 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

HI

as a rule they will usually require you to book the night before. I have never stayed at at Hotel that did not charge in one way or another.

However when you book you hotel (and your budget will give a really large number of hotels, almost to many to mention), you might want to 'try it on' and if you don't ask you don't get. They might give you early check in free, or at a discounted rate.

Look in the KL hotels to see what takes your fancy.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

Never had problems at the Hilton paying one night though I usually check-in at 9am. If I booked a special room (like the suites) and its not ready at 9, I would usually go up to the poolside to have breakfast and to get some sun to combat the jetlag.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,223 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

HI

You will find that all hotels will allow you to use their facilities until your room is ready. They will also let you use the showers etc in the spa / gym to freshen up and will also store your baggage for you allowing you to go out and about.

Not sure that a suite in the Hilton will be within your £80 budget! So have a look in KL hotels in the left hand panel - Traders, Royal Bintang, Dorset Regency, Prince, Melia Renaissance, Istana, Park Royal, Swiss Garden are some of the all well located hotels in the city within your price range.

If you want to stay near to the airport, look at the Pan Pacific KLIA or Concorde KLIA, again within your £80 budget.

have fun.

Milton, Vermont
Level Contributor
214 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

I agree with TM. Hotels definition of early check-in is usually 12:00PM, 1:00PM, etc. If you arrival falls before the normal checkout time, that would be considered the night before. Some hotels will charge you a half-rate instead of full for morning check-ins. You'll just have to ask and find out.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

Depends on the hotel. I have had good experiences with these hotels and early-check in, usually around 9am cause I usually try to take the same flight out of Europe with the same airline - Hotel Istana, Crowne Plaza Mutiara, Prince Hotel, Le Meridien, Hilton KL. You have to email them and ask. If not, you can just check-in, leave the bags with their bellboy (they'll bring it up to your room once its ready) and go out for a coffee or early lunch.

oldham
Level Contributor
954 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

Thanks everyone for your replies-most helpful.

7. Re: Kuala lumpur hotel -early check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 00:18