We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

Cambridge
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

I will travel with my 2 young children (3 and 7) and already booked our tickets plus meals with Airasia. I checked their website, drink does not seem to be included in the booked meal, is it right? Also, am I allowed to bring my own drinks and snacks (like chocolate bar etc) for my children? I came across a review website about Airasia, and it mentioned that no any food and drink are allowed to bring abroad at all? This is worrying as my toddler need little snacks & milk from time to time.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Perth
Level Contributor
150 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

Hi

I am not sure if your meals will be the same but with our pre-ordered meal we got a hot meal, chocolate bar and a drink included.

You could also buy snacks and additional drinks if you needed.

I am trying with my two youngsters and will be taking snacks on the plane as I know what they will eat and what will keep them quiet.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

Yes, I will definitely need to bring milk for my toddler. Never travel with Air Asia for London-KL before I am a bit worried.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,039 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

There is a no out side food and drink policy - however, on the flights we have been on, numbers of people had chocolate bars etc. I don't think they will make a fuss about things for children.

The inflight menu is good and there are lots of options for children. You can see the menu on their web page. The children's meal was good and had lots of bits and pieces for the kids to continue to snack on through out the flight including (my son is next to me and remembers) chicken nuggets, mashed potato, sultanas, ribena drink, a chocolate bar.

You will not be able to take milk on to the flight as it is a liquid. They did have milo you can buy - both hot and cold. Not sure if they had plain milk. They also have sandwiches, noodles - you won't have a problem.

Caroline.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,552 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

HI

As you are coming out of Stansted the 100ml rule will also apply. Exceptions to the 100ml rule can be made for baby food or milk. However, you should only carry what you need for the flight, and you may be asked to taste these items at security control.

Most people will 'sneak' something on board!

The down side of a budget airline is having to pay for the 'extras' that are standard on a national carrier.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

Hmm, I don't have young children; but my brother does. If I am not mistaken; I believe "baby milk" comes in sachets powder form (i've seen this with my sis-in-law), all you need is a few sachets like instant baby powder and drop it into warm water in the bottle?? No restrictions carrying these milk powder sachets; you can even bring your own Milo or 3-in-1 milk/tea sachets and ask for a cup of hot water on the plane (I am sure this is possible with airasia? for free of charge?).

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

hi www2tan

I have travelled on AAX with my nephew and niece. They are quite relax with the food and drink especially if you travel with kids. We brought along some biscuits, chocolate bars for the kids and we did not have any problem with the crew.

I suggest you bring along milk powder instead of liquid milk. When you need to make the milk, just get warm water from the crew. That was what my sister did and the crew were a helpful lot.

As for the pre-booked meal, it came with 1 bottle of 500L mineral water

Paris, France
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

500L?! %-o

i am speechless :)

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
790 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

Hi Global_traveller

Hahahaha..............sorry typo error. The correct amt is 0.5L ;)

Cambridge
Level Contributor
230 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

Thanks everyone, I will bring the milk powder instead. We usually brought few bottles of milk and tasted it for security cheacking (our previous travel experience with other airline).

10. Re: Airasia flight London-KL-London, food and drink?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 12:32